New Contributor

Disappointed w/ customer service

Embarrassed to say...I purchased a D&B "cabriolet" several years ago. I had never owned a D&B and basically bought it to try the brand. Placed it in the closet upon arrival and basically forgot about it. When I came upon it and decided to carry it; opened the package and there was a strap missing. I know it's my fault for not opening it immediately upon receiving it, but I didn't. I notified QVC customer support ; was given the number to D&B customer service. I spoke with someone; sent in the purchase details from QVC (actually faxed the information); nothing ever happened; I even told them that I was willing to pay for a replacement strap as I am not able to carry the purse without it. Never heard another word from D&B; it's been several years and I get a little upset when I see other D&B bags that I like, but am afraid to order because of this incident. Any suggestions? This was a costly mishap on my be-half, but I took responsibility for my part and still no satisfaction

Super Contributor

Re: Disappointed w/ customer service

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I don't know if Dooney would honor sending you a strap for you bag since it has been over a year since you purchased it. I have in the past dealt with Sandra Ritch in Customer Service at Dooney and she has always been more than pleasant and helpful. Call her tomorrow and if they want to know why tell them you have a special problem and wish to talk only to her. Maybe they can locate a strap you can purchase. I do hope you can get this solved so you can use and enjoy your bag. Let us know what happens.
Honored Contributor

Their CS is pretty uneven and a lot depends on the representative you speak with. In fairness, if this bag is several years old it might even be they no longer have any 'spare' straps, as a number of the Cabriolet bags have been discontinued. Did you register the bag? I'm not sure it makes a difference, but it might expedite things if you did. I'd keep trying, perhaps sending a letter. Hoping this works out for you but ultimately, I'm not sure you're going to find satisfaction with this problem. If all else fails, you might see if they'll accept the bag as a trade-in on another bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

How long has it been since you sent in the fax? Since the bag was several years old, it may take them a while to track down a matching strap (if they are still able to at all). Also faxes do not always come through clearly. You might try calling them to verify that they received the fax & it was readable. If you just sent the fax in the past few days & it came through clearly, they are probably still working on it.

Honored Contributor

I would call Customer Service and speak to a Rep directly. A few years ago I purchased a pre-owned D&B zip around wallet/crossbody on e-bay. I collect this style and have it in several colors. I know the wallet comes with a check cover.

The check cover was missing so I called D@B Cust Serv and asked them if they still had them available, and if so I wanted to purchase one. The Rep said they did have some and she sent me one at no charge. I didn't even have to pay for shipping.

Their CS has always been top notch when I have had to call them. I hope you can get a new strap..try calling again. Good luck.

New Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and advice. I will try once more to contact customer service and ask for Sandra Ritch..The fax was actually sent a couple of years ago; that's why I just kind of gave up afterwards. Every time I watch D&B on QVC, it brings it back. One more try can't hurt...thanks again{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Given the age of the bag, even if unused, I believe a trade-in is going to be your best bet, but don't know what criteria, if any, they use for their trade-in program.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

When ever I call I always speak to June have had no luck with other reps. I've purchaced straps from Dooney and all straps were $50. Or if you see another Dooney bag that they still sell now with a stap that would look nice on your bag just call them with the item # and tell them you need that strap for that bag.
Honored Contributor

If this happened with a first quality QVC bag I would have sent it back even if it were months later. I bet you would have gotten a refund. I guess the moral is check every purchase. I'm one that used to buy cheaper apparel at the end of the season for the following year. After enough mis-ticketed and severely shrinking items, I now check everything when it is purchased.

Esteemed Contributor

I am one too that does not always open and check everything as soon as I get it. But I do before the 30 days is up. If you get absolutely no satisfaction from Dooney & Burke, then you know not to ever buy anything from them again. Lesson learned. Too many other vendors and places to shop. If they can not take care of their customers, it is their loss.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead