Valued Contributor

Dooney Florentine in the Color Bone

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any of the florentine bags in the new bone color. I don't usually get bags in light colors because they get dirty. But I love this color and wanted to know how it is holding up during use if anyone has it. I would be grateful for any insight. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Florentine in the Color Bone

I don't have one yet, but I love it too and am hoping to get one home in this color. I probably should've ordered when EP was available over the weekend, but I keep hoping to see one of three bags in this shade at a department store, you know, where there might be an actual sale price available one fine day! I don't think dirt is a problem with this color. I have another Dooney in pebble in a variation of this shade and it's held up fine. Of course, pebble is probably a little easier to clean than would be the smoother Florentine.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Thanks stevieb! And how do you like the Florentines? This would be my first and I've heard that it scratches, etc. but people still seem to really like them despite that.

Contributor

I have the small florentine satchel in bone and have been carrying it for several weeks...I've had no problem with it getting dirty or worn....it's a beautiful warm French vanilla color with a tan undertone which I think helps it stay clean looking.... I do not however throw my bag on dirty surfaces but do place it on the back seat floor of my car daily... I have avoided white bags in the past due to the fear of them getting dirty and worn....no worries with the bone

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Cinder Ella said:

I have the small florentine satchel in bone and have been carrying it for several weeks...I've had no problem with it getting dirty or worn....it's a beautiful warm French vanilla color with a tan undertone which I think helps it stay clean looking.... I do not however throw my bag on dirty surfaces but do place it on the back seat floor of my car daily... I have avoided white bags in the past due to the fear of them getting dirty and worn....no worries with the boneKiss

Thanks for the info! I'd really like to see the bone in person. I love the color, but it could be that the similar color sold last year would be more to my liking... Doesn't really matter since last year's colors are clearly not an option... Speaking of which, Dooney really seems to have cut back on the number of seasonal colors they're offering this year. Violet, pink, aqua (and very limited aqua, I'd add) bone and geranium seem to be pretty much it...

Valued Contributor

Thanks Cinder Ella. A question about the color - do you think that it is purely a summer color or could that be year round? I know some bone colors are summer bags because they are so light, but this seems to be more creamy and was thinking it might be more of a seasonless color.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think any color of 'off-white' can be used year 'round. It's the stark whites I'd skip other than in summer. Since I don't care for pure white bags, I skip them even then!

Valued Contributor

Thanks stevieb! I don't like pure white bags either - never really did. This color bone is so pretty and a bit different than what I usually see offered. I just love it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Arianny said:

Thanks Cinder Ella. A question about the color - do you think that it is purely a summer color or could that be year round? I know some bone colors are summer bags because they are so light, but this seems to be more creamy and was thinking it might be more of a seasonless color.

I think any lighter color can be year round, depending upon what you wear it with or where you live. Even in the colder and snowy climates a light colored handbag can look very sharp when worn with light colored wools. Pair it with jeans and plaids and it doesn't look so great. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Of course in the warmer areas of the country, light colors work with lighter fabrics in all seasons.

Respected Contributor

I love the bone color. If they offered it in a smaller bag I would be all over it.

I have the oyster but this looks different enough. I would carry it all year.