Trusted Contributor

Has anyone been to a World Market store? There is one around 1.5 hour drive from me and I am thinking of checking it out. I looked on the website and they have some cute, unusual things.

I thought I would give myself a break today since I have been working in the yard for four full days!

I pressure washed, cleaned out and mulched all of my backyard plant beds, and painted all of my border concrete blocks. My fingers need a rest so retail therapy might be the solution!

Maybe they have some nice garden things for my fixed up beds!

Esteemed Contributor

I went to a World Market when I visited family in VA - definitely a fun place to shop. Very unique items! I hope they come to NJ soon - there's a storefront north of my area, but it always seems to be closed when I'm in that area. I'm not sure it's even open yet!

Honored Contributor

We have a World Market store. I like it but hardly ever go there. If that's the only place you want to go on this trip I don't think it's worth a 1.5 hour drive.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I shop there often. They have really decent prices on their herbs/spices as well as coconut oil too. Lots of seasonal foods and decor and tons of wines!! Would be worth it to go.

Respected Contributor

It's an interesting store for sure. I love the various food items they have. By food items, I mean, sweets, jarred olives, tampanades, teas, coffees, cookies, snack items, wines and odds and ends. As far as their furniture, plates and things...prices are fairly high. You must check out the sale items. My SIL bought her dining table and benches from them but she has an SUV and was able to transport the furniture.

I have two World Markets not far from my home so, I browse often. Would I drive an hour and a half...there would have to be more stores in the mall for me to make the trip. We have a BB&B, Bealls Outlet, Marshalls, Dillards, Penney's and a Target as well as a Harkins Movie Theater in both malls.

Super Contributor

I live in Seattle and on my last trip to Bed Bath & Beyond, there were many world market things in there. The clerk told me that BB&B bought out World Market, even though there are still World Market stores.

Super Contributor

I shop at World Market alot. Right now, they have some adorable things for Easter. They carry alot of European things, especially cute Easter candy from Germany. Nice teas too. They do offer discount coupons also. I have bought some kitchen chairs there , about 10 years ago and I'm still using them each and every day and they look as good as the day that I bought them.

Respected Contributor

One opened nearby recently. I was in 2 or 3 times and didn't buy a thing. They have lots of decorator and gift items but I thought they were kind of pricey. I'd never drive 1.5 hours to a store...any store.

Super Contributor

I have been to a World Market here in Florida... it's different. It is not such a long drive, at 1-1/2 hours away, go for it!

Honored Contributor
I am very close to one of their stores but never go in. I don't like all that imported junk. So much of it is cheaply made.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment