Respected Contributor

Crocheters and Knitters Awesome Hint

Didn't know where to list this awesome You Tube video you can see online to look at. I have knitted and crocheted for 45 years and never knew this. When you join your yarn together when changing colors has anyone ever did the Russian Join method? I receive a newsletter that had this in it. I hate running in all the yarn at the end of the afghan etc. when done. This I will try soon. I crochet afghans using the Afghan Stitch that involves crocheting on a hook that looks like a crochet hook on one end and a knitting needle on the other. You never turn your work around. It makes a mini square pattern that you cross stitch the pattern on the afghan. Tunisian stitch is what it is called. Has anyone ever used the Russian Join method? It can be used on crochet or knit.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crocheters and Knitters Awesome Hint

Thanks for posting, in all my years I have never had anyone tell me to join like this. It does look secure. I am forever fixing ends on the grandkids afgan/baby blankets. They still carry them around and all the washing seems to make ends come out. Using a needle after the fact doesn't work well, I can tell you that.

Respected Contributor

I am almost 66 years old and have never found something to help make those ends run in like this will. I was excited to share as that is why I hated the finish work on afghans when I was done. I usually do it as I go now. I can't wait to do it the Russian Join way. I came across this by accident just exploring a site I was on. Thanks for the feedback.
Honored Contributor

Do you have a link to the video?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just type Russian Join in your browser and several videos will come up. You also can go to the You Tube site and type in Russian Join also. It has a video for crochet and knitting. Got to KnittingHelp.com and they are several videos also. Nice site.
Super Contributor

All good info. Just in case you don't know about it, Ravelry is an amazing website with tons of info, patterns, online help, special interest groups, etc. Check it out!
Honored Contributor

Yes I use it all the time

Respected Contributor

Thanks Golfing Nancy for reminding me about the Ravelry site. I belong to the Ravelry group and forgot about it as I haven't been doing as much crocheting or knitting with my A-Fib problem and appointments to the doctors. I changed my password on Ravelry as I forgot what it was. It is a good site. The internet is the window of the world for many things.

Valued Contributor

Yes. I've also spit(water)-spliced non-superwash.
Respected Contributor

? Not sure if this was posted to wrong place.