Honored Contributor

Today is the day the replace my "lemon" Samsung Fridge

Keeping my fingers crossed this is a good one!!!! I hope this one doesn't hum, snap, crackle or pop because I dread going back to that store!! They will think I'm crazySmiley Happy!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Today is the day the replace my ""lemon"" Samsung Fridge

I had a 2 yr old ge that could not get fixed, and I had a extended warranty, it got replaced.

Good luck with yours.

Honored Contributor

Hope it works out for you. I know what a pain it can be. One time when I visited my dad he just had a new washing machine delivered. He had to go to work for a bit & said don't you break my new washing machine. I threw in a load of laundry. Later I went to put the laundry in the dryer & the washing machine was finished but it was full of water. LOL!!! My dad called Sears the place he bought it & told them it did not work & they could come out & pick it up & deliver a new one that was not a lemon. They came out & wanted to repair it. My dad told them no way once a lemon always a lemon. They did take it with them & delivered a new one. Guess he should have not told me not to break his new washing machine.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Nightowlz said:

Hope it works out for you. I know what a pain it can be. One time when I visited my dad he just had a new washing machine delivered. He had to go to work for a bit & said don't you break my new washing machine. I threw in a load of laundry. Later I went to put the laundry in the dryer & the washing machine was finished but it was full of water. LOL!!! My dad called Sears the place he bought it & told them it did not work & they could come out & pick it up & deliver a new one that was not a lemon. They came out & wanted to repair it. My dad told them no way once a lemon always a lemon. They did take it with them & delivered a new one. Guess he should have not told me not to break his new washing machine.

Good for your Dad - he is correct with that line of thinking. I know someone who has been dealing with a 'lemon' appliance from the get go and almost 3 years later ... always something.

Valued Contributor

Good luck Home Decor - I hope your new fridge is a good one!
Esteemed Contributor

What a roller coaster ride you have been on! I hope the new one is perfect!!!

Honored Contributor

Well...just wanted to say it wasn't me!

When the delivery men came to install/remove the fridge my entire floor underneath was "puddled" with water. (This delivery guy has delivered for this company for over 20 years-and has delivered all the appliances I've purchased for this home, so I trust their judgment or comments). The ones who originally delivered my fridge were contracted anyway that said -- this is what he told me "this is definitely a lemon as the evaporator or condenser unit is not functioning properly OR you wouldn't have a puddle under the fridge!"

Since it was the last stop of the day he stayed a bit and waited to make sure the unit was not making any noise, popping, etc. -- and that was at 6 and I haven't heard a thing! YEAH...keeping my fingers crossed no problems ahead!

{#emotions_dlg.wub} I'm a happy camper! Thanks everyone for your comments & support!

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy for you.

I have the some one you've been having so much trouble with and after your post about the noise I opened the door and stuck my head in to listen - still quiet. Hope you Love, Love, Love your new one! You've been through a lot.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Homedecor1, I hope you love this one. It's great you finally got their attention and help. I hope the delivery guy will report back to the others that yes, there was a defect. Enjoy!
Honored Contributor

Congrats homedecor, on winning one against corporate America. You stuck to your guns, thank goodness. If you hadn't you'd soon be BUYING a new fridge.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment