Respected Contributor

Opinions From Lantern Lovers, Please

I am such a lantern snob; the Luminara's Churchill design is my most favorite. I have it in black, and I could kick myself for not getting it in the cream. I still have it on my wishlist and noticed even though it's sold out, the price rose to $47.00 plus. That tells me it's coming back soon. However, I saw Dennis Basso & his new 21" & 16" Watermill Lanterns w/timer offered in black & white. I really liked these. I am a huge fan of his home line. What are your thoughts regarding his new lanterns? I think Luminara will be making a big statement going forward. I prefer this line as well as CI. I think it will be a "lantern" year but one can only have so many lanterns...!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Opinions From Lantern Lovers, Please

Personally, I think Pier 1 has much prettier lantern options. Such as:

Medium Jeweled Lantern - BlackBlack Metal LanternsScroll Trim Lanterns

Circle Wood Lanterns Large Jewel Lantern - Blue

JMO.

Respected Contributor

I admire these often but am not sure where they would go in the home or outside.

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 ShellBell said:

Personally, I think Pier 1 has much prettier lantern options. Such as:

Medium Jeweled Lantern - BlackBlack Metal LanternsScroll Trim Lanterns

Circle Wood Lanterns Large Jewel Lantern - Blue

JMO.

Wow! Those are fabulous! They also don't have the attached flameless candle which is what I am struggling with. Luminary would look fantastic in all the ones you posted. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

My apologies, I failed to post the item #s; H204896 @ $30 and H204896 @ $40. My son is not around to help me post pics.
Honored Contributor

I prefer my candles not attached to the lantern. The dennis ones are good looking, but I don't like the top. Is it a top hat? That's what it looks like. If you have candles, I'd take them to pier 1 and try them out in the lanterns.
Frequent Contributor

Pottery Barn and as someone already mentioned, Pier One, have really nice lanterns. I have several from PB that I love. I like to see items in person to check the size and quality.
Honored Contributor

I just purchased 3 Lanterns from Pottery Barn and they are so pretty. I have them on my fireplace and right now I have Sand in them and Luminara Candles, and they look so pretty! I purchased 3 of the same in different sizes and it looks great!!!! I love Lanterns too and last year purchased one for my sister's birthday for her to use on her Screened in Porch and she loves it too!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have picked up some really beautiful lanterns at Hobby Lobby for half off over this last year, and I think they put to shame anything Q sells.

The ones shown above from Pier 1 are great as well. There are so many places out there that sell a much bigger variety and better quality lantern than Q does.

Honored Contributor

I love Lanterns and have several all over my house. I bought a 3' tall lantern made with wood and glass at Home Goods a few months ago. It was $149.00 marked down to $45.00 (in perfect condition). That lantern was in my cart in a blink of an eye... LOL. I bought the Q's largest Luminara candle they offered and have it in this lantern.

I often buy lanterns that have glass missing and make my own unique lantern. I find Home Goods to have the best bargains and largest selection of lanterns. Luminara is usually my candle of choice in my home.