Super Contributor

I am debating on Oxifresh who I have never used before and Stanley Steamer. Granted Stanley Steamer knocked a hole in my wall last year and dinged my dresser. I have never used Oxifresh before. Any suggestions please or experience?

Respected Contributor

Re: Carpet Cleaners Suggestions

Personally I would ask around and try to use a local company. My experience with the chains (and some are good and some are bad) is they try to pull the bait and switch. Quote you one price then they add on all kinds of extras. I'm also always not too sure about how they do background checks for hire. If you can find a family owned type business by referral they seem to be the most trustworthy and the employees tend to be the same for years and years. That's been my experience anyway.
Super Contributor

Thank you Reba055! I was pretty upset with Stanley Steemer gashed my wall. I fixed it and I can't tell it was done now but I should have never have had to do it.

Respected Contributor

We always use ZeroRez, after having tried several companies over the years. They are nationwide but don't know about locations in WV.

Super Contributor

We don't have a ZeroRez here unfortunately Thank you for suggesting though.

Honored Contributor

We bought ourselves a professional Bissell carpet cleaner years ago from one of the warehouse clubs. Wow! Has that ever paid off for us! I use it yearly and my light beige carpeting of 18 years still looks brand spanking new! I just put our house up for sale and gave it another whole house cleaning which included cleaning all of our wall-to-wall carpeting again for the last time. Love the job it does! I know I have saved probably thousands of dollars over the last 20 years of doing my own carpeting.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Thanks ID2! I have a Hoover that I use frequently because of a dog and two kitties. I would just like to have it professionally cleaned once a year. My dog is a mess. We wipe her feet but she somehow still gets the carpet FILTHY. Love her to death though but she is a handful. I think I clean it with our Hoover at least 3-4 times a year if not more....lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Go on Yelp to find a carpet cleaner. I found my carpet cleaner, window washer and plumber on there - and they're all the best. I prefer to hire a male who works for himself and comes to my house - rather than a big company who sends anyone out. It's also cheaper when using an independent guy - as he works from home and doesn't have staff. Get a quote when u call --- and don't get any upgrades when he comes out.

Esteemed Contributor

Sears is excellent
Super Contributor

Thank you kivah! I haven't heard of Yelp before but I'll check it out. Thank you stray770!