Super Contributor

Years ago I bought Amadeus sheets from QVC and we loved them! BUT, we now are in need of new sheets and I need recommendations, please.

We are used to 800-1000 tc sheets. I bought a very nice soft set from Belk and they ripped after almost no time and after reading reviews I wish I'd read them first because everyone speaks of their sheets ripping.

I wish QVC still carried Amadeus. We live in Alabama so I can't use anything like fleece. Thanks.

War Eagle!
Super Contributor

Re: Recommendation for sheets

DH and I bought the bamboo sheet set from Cariloha.com when we were in the Caribbean last year. They're not cheap (about $200 for a king-size set) but we are absolutely hooked. They're incredibly silky - and when he thinks we should get another set, I know he likes them!! Check out their website to see where their stores are. It's worth it.

That said, the Q now offers a bamboo sheet set and I found some on Amazon, as well. I will be ordering a set just to see how they compare. I love a bargain and I'd love to get more colors at a better price...!

Frequent Contributor

MESPal, I absolutely love the wrinkle free Northern Nights from the "Q"....I have the 500 and 600 thread count and they are fabulous. They may come in a higher thread count but that is just what I have the last time I purchased them.

Honored Contributor

Best of luck in your search for good sheets. It seems to be futile these days.

I will suggest staying completely away from Northern Nights, as their quality and sizing has really deteriorated over the years.

Although I'm not sure of the thread count, (and I don't think it is as high as you are used to), I have found the best fitting, best wearing sheets at Sam's Club. I think they only carry two brands, and all are solids, but I haven't had this quality of sheets in a couple of decades. I have found them to be substantial, oversized to fit our super thick mattress, soft, long wearing, and great colors.

Honored Contributor

I think the higher thread counts do rip after a few years, I had some fitted sheets that did, I ended up buying a single fitted sheet in the same color to match.

Respected Contributor

I've been buying my sheets from Sam's Club for several years with no complaints, they're all cotton, soft enough for us and have not had any 'wear' problems with them.

Honored Contributor

I need some new sheets for summer & will need a new set of flannel come winter since I just wore a hole in the fitted flannel sheet where my feet hit at the bottom of the sheet. No I don't have rough feet or heels. I use the Emjoi. I only want nice soft sheets with no piling like the last set I bought from Q did.

Honored Contributor

Hi MESPal, we AL folks do not need anything heavy in the summer that is for sure!

I, too, have had a problem finding sheets, seems the latest craze is microfiber sheets .......... I cannot sleep on polyester sheets in AL in the summer, I want 100% cotton, I don't care if they wrinkle or not, LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Tyak said:

I've been buying my sheets from Sam's Club for several years with no complaints, they're all cotton, soft enough for us and have not had any 'wear' problems with them.

I will have to check Sam's out!

Contributor

Last year I bought a set of 800 thread ct. sheets from ShopHQ. They are Evine.com now.

The brand is North Shore Linens. I liked them so much that I bought another set.