Valued Contributor

Ordered a French Press from JC Penney and made some Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea in it and it was delicious! Got the idea from the QVC Forums and a demonstration on youtube and thought I would try it. I always drink iced tea, not really a hot tea drinker and I love the strong bold taste this tea has. Thanks to everyone who recommended the tea and French press

Irish BreakfastMonet French Press

Trusted Contributor

Yum, I love tea, hot or cold! Did you use loose tea or bags? I assume loose since you used a french press. Nice of you to share...I mean share the idea, not the tea!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Yes, I use the loose tea. That is what was recommended and I did get a better flavor from the loose tea than when I used to use tea bags. ITA about tea, I was "raised" on tea and still love it to this day. If I don't have my tea, I can tell!!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Trusted Contributor

I went out and found that thread about the french press. Lots of good ideas in there and I posted my own Smiley Wink I love loose tea when I brew hot tea but I don't notice a big difference when I make it iced. I actually just use tea bags in tap water (we have a Reverse Osmosis system) and let it sit in the fridge for a day or at least over night before we start drinking it. I love it like that and it never turns cloudy!!

I'm from the Midwest and when I first moved to PA I couldn't believe the restaurants didn't have iced tea in the winter! Oh no!! Thank goodness that's changed!

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Love Twinings Irish Breakfast tea! I drink it every morning. I would love to try the French press...I bet that really brings out the tea flavor!

Valued Contributor
On 3/23/2015 05gage25 said:

Love Twinings Irish Breakfast tea! I drink it every morning. I would love to try the French press...I bet that really brings out the tea flavor!

Yes it does. It has a bold flavor that I love!! Here is the link to the you tube video I watched, there are others too. I bought the larger French press like she suggested because I make a whole pitcher of tea when I make tea. Any other Twinings tea you recommend?

https://youtu.be/lOQVXoJiO1U

Honored Contributor
I buy organic only because non-organic tea contains pesticides.
Valued Contributor

Irish Breakfast tea is the best, don't you think, Betsy Doodle? Twinnings is good, I also love Barrys, and Thompsons brand Irish Breakfast tea. It is my favorite kind of tea- I brew it strong. Delicious.

Valued Contributor

I absolutely LOVE Twinings Irish Breakfast tea. It is my favorite. I love lots of different teas but always enjoy coming back to my favorite. The English Breakfast is also great.

Respected Contributor
Always check Amazon.com for great deals on Twinings teas. Twice a year I purchase a 6-box (100-count each) order. Usually there's a special deal on. HTH
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill