Contributor

Where are the Bethlehem Lights spring items?

Haven't seen any new items and what is in inventory seems to be on clearance.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Where are the Bethlehem Lights spring items?

I've been wondering about this, too. I've been checking daily and nothing has changed. I've also checked the program calendar, and I haven't seen any BL shows coming up at all in the next month.

Maybe I'm paying closer attention than in years past, but I feel like the home decor shows have been less present this year. January and February have always been lean on these types of shows, but I feel like they would have picked up at this point. Easter is less than 2 weeks away, and we've only seen a couple Home Reflections, ED, and Valerie presentations. Sometimes a week goes by without a single decor show. With the hugely successful, sell-out shows with Lisa Robertson and Valerie around Christmas time, you would think that QVC would recognize their consumers' thirst, and try to capitalize on that.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 PeterDM said:

I've been wondering about this, too. I've been checking daily and nothing has changed. I've also checked the program calendar, and I haven't seen any BL shows coming up at all in the next month.

Maybe I'm paying closer attention than in years past, but I feel like the home decor shows have been less present this year. January and February have always been lean on these types of shows, but I feel like they would have picked up at this point. Easter is less than 2 weeks away, and we've only seen a couple Home Reflections, ED, and Valerie presentations. Sometimes a week goes by without a single decor show. With the hugely successful, sell-out shows with Lisa Robertson and Valerie around Christmas time, you would think that QVC would recognize their consumers' thirst, and try to capitalize on that.

First, to OP, I'm guessing that, like the down trend in BL Christmas trees and bringing other vendors, BL spring lighting is on the down trend because they quality is just not there. I have read the reviews of their products over the years, and along with saturating the market, I think people are tired of the products not working for more than a season or so.

PeterDM, I guessing that the home decor is being displaced somewhat by all the garden type and outdoor living type shows. There seem to be more of the outdoor living type shows this year than ever before. I like them, and they seem to have been offering some new things (as opposed to the hose sprayers that aired constantly in the spring for several years). I think that Q thinks that once spring comes, we aren't so interested in our indoor spaces, and they are focusing on selling outdoor things.

I'm guessing that starting about the end of July, they will be ramping up the decor shows. And I'm hoping that Lisa R. leaving doesn't leave a gap in the decor that they just filled at the end of her tenure. I hope they don't abandon that more sophisticated look, because they don't have someone to step in and represent it. That would be a step backward, in my opinion.

Valued Contributor

I have noticed also, not much being sold in the Bethlehem line. They need to improve their battery life on items for me. When candle impressions can make things last for 6 months, they should be able to also. Some of what I have bought from them has not been the greatest and some really good, but have not bought from them in a long time. Maybe others have quit buying as much from them too.

Honored Contributor

I think Val's lava lamp glitter-angels are the only home decor Q needs to sell any more. They're very popular.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 ValuSkr said:

I think Val's lava lamp glitter-angels are the only home decor Q needs to sell any more. They're very popular.

Please, ValuSkr, don't encourage them about the angels with glittery bubbles. Smile

Respected Contributor

MominOhio, I second the notion about showing more sophisticated home decor items. Most of Bethlehem Lights products looked fake and cheap to me.
Honored Contributor

I have gotten away from battery lit items. I do like and still use Luminara and Solare candles but most of my Beth. Lights and Val's items that require a battery have been donated. I just got tired of battery replacement.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that the fake flowers are tacky, but they do make other products such as candles and light strands that are good quality. A couple months ago, godfreak posted one of his/her "new" threads that contained pics of new Aquaflame candles that would be coming out soon. Maybe there will be other BL products offered when these candles are debuted.