Honored Contributor

TSV patio rug, did you buy one, or do you have something similar?

I have always wanted to try an outdoor rug like this, and took the plunge today.

I purchased two, one for the front porch to make a nice seating area with my Cracker Barrel rockers, and the other for the back deck to make a seating area with my Bliss recliners from the last couple of years.

My hesitation has been that my cats tend to leave me 'gifts' in various states of dismemberment, but I'm going to see if that 'hose it off' feature really works.

I also worried about them staying damp or wet after rains, so anyone who has experience with these, do they dry out quickly? Also, do they lay nice and flat after a time, or do they hold creases and wrinkles? Do you have any tips/tricks for getting them to lay flat and smooth?

Thanks for any input you may have!

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV patio rug, did you buy one, or do you have something similar?

i have two and they do dry out quickly and are easy to maintain. depending on where you place them they do tend to fade eventually, especially if they are in a bright sun area. overall though they do clean quickly by spraying and they do dry quickly. i like to rotate mine and use each side equally. they do lay nice and flat once the folding wrinkles are gone. the ones i have came folded. just be careful when walking on it so you dont trip on an area that had a "fold".

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

We bought one from QVC about four years ago and we use in front of our motor home when we are camping. It has held up really nice and is very easy to clean. We just hose it off and it dries very quickly. We fold it up and store it in one of the storage areas under the motor home. It has never cracked or torn. We just unfold it lay it down when we are ready to use it again.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a similar one several years ago, too and it has held up well. I have it on the porch and it gets a lot of wear.

Regular Contributor

I bought some from Overstock.com for the pool area and just bought 2 for the garage. Love them. They clean up quickly and dry fast.

Honored Contributor

I bought two here a couple of years ago, a reversible green that I had two problems with. First it did not look like it was green, looks more greenish brown. More importantly, it was advertised as a 6 x 9 when it clearly and measureably is a 5 x 7. Oh yes, it was marked to be a 6 x 9, packaging around it indicated as such as did the label sewn on it. I bought two 6 x 9 for the sole purpose of covering my entire front porch flooring - and they would have HAD THEY REALLY BEEN 6 x 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what I can say to anyone who buys this, good luck with the sizing. I hope you get what you ordered and it measures as such when it gets to you.

And yes I would have returned both except by the time I was ready to put them out on my porch, it was beyond 30 days to do so.

Honored Contributor

I've already been seeing A LOT of these rugs in the market place, MANY great colors and color combos in reversible - at much lower prices. I'd buy elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

I have a similar rug from QVC and it seems to be indestructible. It has taken a beating from my cats sharpening their claws on it constantly and it still looks brand new. I bought the TSV today for another area because it's a fantastic price. I paid around $70 for my first one, not including the $16 S&H charge(!) so this is a great deal.

Trusted Contributor

I bought one several years ago at a local big box garden center/hardware type store. They had a variety of patterns and they were reasonably priced. I used it on my screened in porch and when I had that converted to a sun room I gave it to friends who use it on their deck. It has stayed in nice condition, with a little fading, for over 7 years.

Trusted Contributor

I"ve purchased two of this type rug. The first one came folded and did not really lose all the creases. Last year the one I purchased came rolled, so no creases. Love this one, lays flat, dries nicely, doesn't hold the dirt. I took it up for the winter but come next week will be putting it back on the deck.