Honored Contributor

Wonder why they don't have a "Valerie Parr Hill" spot in this area to choose?

I think she is popular and in the community menu, I'm surprised after all this time, they don't have a choice to discuss her things. Just my thought. They categorized other sellers in other subjects, so that made me curious. She had some lovely stuff the other day, I just don't decorate like that. I only decorate for Christmas season here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder why they don't have a ""Valerie Parr Hill"" spot in this area to choose?

I think it's indicative of the level or respect QVC shows home decor over all... They've virtually deep-sixed it as a programming option, so I guess I'm not surprised that they don't offer categories for discussion. I mean after all, other than the recent addition of Ellen's line, there aren't a lot of home decor vendors to discuss so I guess they figure categories aren't needed...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder why they don't have a ""Valerie Parr Hill"" spot in this area to choose?

Stevieb that's as good of an answer yet! Thanks.

Honored Contributor

They use to have other vendors, because I have items in my house to prove it!

Regular Contributor

I as well have items from other vendors. Like the Victoriana shows they had. Though I don't live in a Victorian style home, I do love the décor. I bought a lot of nice lamps (beaded with cloth shades) and other items from them at really great prices. And so many people that bought back then loved her things (can't recall the name of the vendor) but she was so sweet and usually Mary Beth presented with her a lot of the times. They had a lot of sell outs as well. I'd like to see more home shows, too many purse and electronics shows for me as of late. With so many decorating tastes out there that people have they could do a lot of different styled shows. Something for everyone.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 poshmini said:

I as well have items from other vendors. Like the Victoriana shows they had. Though I don't live in a Victorian style home, I do love the décor. I bought a lot of nice lamps (beaded with cloth shades) and other items from them at really great prices. And so many people that bought back then loved her things (can't recall the name of the vendor) but she was so sweet and usually Mary Beth presented with her a lot of the times. They had a lot of sell outs as well. I'd like to see more home shows, too many purse and electronics shows for me as of late. With so many decorating tastes out there that people have they could do a lot of different styled shows. Something for everyone.

My mom has never gotten over the loss of those Victorian shows. She purchased a number of trunks and things like that and gave me several as gifts. I don't do a Victorian decor either, but the are beautiful and go so well with my antiques. There are a multitude of things you could do with a lot of the things she used to bring, and that line just seemed to disappear. I think it is time Q revisited some of the lines that are gone, and I'd love to see a whole channel devoted to kitchen and home goods.

Honored Contributor

There is always a thread on Valerie whenever she appears, usually entitled "Valerie's Sneak Peek."

Respected Contributor

For me, there's not enough traffic to warrant another subtopic. I like being able to find all of the decor related threads in For the Home Talk without having to visit another subforum, but I understand your thought.

Trusted Contributor

VPH is on only a few times a year......and there are few other home decor vendors on QVC. Quite different from other designers/vendors like Susan Graver, Denim & Co., and others who appear regularly and frequently and present a large number of items for sale -- and have their own forum headings. It seems VPH's items are adequately covered under the current "home talk" heading.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 GoodStuff said:

VPH is on only a few times a year......and there are few other home decor vendors on QVC. Quite different from other designers/vendors like Susan Graver, Denim & Co., and others who appear regularly and frequently and present a large number of items for sale -- and have their own forum headings. It seems VPH's items are adequately covered under the current "home talk" heading.

Temptations has it's own forum, and it is so inactive, and so nasty most of the time. I, too, enjoy all the home stuff in one place, but if they have to replace something, Temptations would be the one, even though it is in the kitchen section.