Honored Contributor

Final Resolution: Samsung "Defective" Fridge...Yeah!!!

I met finally with the regional manager for Samsung. Lucky for me I had recorded (on my iPhone) about 9 different times of the day which this refrigerator popped, hummed, knocked, and god knows what other "turbine" noises.

At first he was RELUCTANT to believe this fridge could be making these noises. And then insisted they would only replace the compressor NOT authorize a replacement. At which time, I played the voice recordings for him -- that was the ticket! He also authorized full REFUND if this replacement one did not meet my standards or had the same issues.

(if so, I was offered at NO additional charge by store to go to a GE Profile French Door style). Hopefully this will not be the case.

Keeping my fingers crossed this one i have is a "lemon" and the replacement will be "quiet" and I can start enjoying being back in my kitchen.

Thanks everyone!

Contributor

Re: Final Resolution: Samsung ""Defective"" Fridge...Yeah!!!

Congrats on your victory! It's so sad that they are reluctant to back up their products without us having to be like Sherlock Holmes. We bought an additional warranty and mine isn't keeping my food cold enough and so many meats molded. We turned the temp colder and my coffee creamers are still curdling like phlem. (Yuck)

Suppose I will have a fight on my hands. I wish we would never have chosen this one. It has not been an enjoyable purchase at all, but an expensive one with the cost of ruined food in the mix. This frig doesn't make a sound.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Final Resolution: Samsung ""Defective"" Fridge...Yeah!!!

Good for you home decor1! Persistence pays off.

Used2b, can you get a thermometer and record daily temps in your fridge? That should help you make your argument. LM