Respected Contributor

Do you use different brand detergents for your sheets, clothing and towels?

I use what's on sale for towels, but the good stuff like Tide on my clothes.

Also, has anyone tried Meyers detergent? How is it better?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I use one detergent for everything, and used to use Arm & Hammer with no perfumes. These days, I use the generic stuff, but always with no dyes and perfumes. I am a hot water gal, and everything seems to be fresh and well cleaned.

Respected Contributor

I use All Free (meaning unscented) for everything. I just buy the biggest container they have when it's on sale (or I have a coupon) & it lasts me for months & months. But then I'm only doing laundry for myself.

Not familiar with Meyers brand.

Respected Contributor

I use Tide exclusively.

Honored Contributor

I buy anything from Tide to the cheaper brands like Wish, Era, All, and Arm and Hammer. I prefer the more expensive brands, but do what finances at the time dictate.

I wash all clothing in whatever I have. I wash most loads in hot, and if I need extra cleaning/whitening, I use Clorox 2 or regular bleach.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. I never thought of doing that, not even back when we were living on a single income. These days I use Tide Pods for everything. I love them, it makes doing laundry easier. We are in a condo and the laundry room is down in the basement. I just wrap a couple of Pods in a paper towel and stick them in my pocket.

Honored Contributor

I use Kirkland ( Costco brand) Ultraclean free and clear on everything, I have sensitive skin and my daughter has eczema.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
I always have at least 3 - 4 different detergents in the laundry room, and alternate between them to avoid build up in our clothing. Right now I have a 300 fluid oz container of Purex, a 150 fluid oz of Era, a 138 fluid oz of Tide Simply Clean & Fresh, and a 150 fluid oz of Arm & Hammer in the laundry room. My teacher daughter washes her clothing in Method detergent, and my truck driving daughter alternates between Cheer and Tide. All 4 of us have sensitivity issues with detergent, and we only use white vinegar in our rinse cycles, never fabric softener.
Respected Contributor

I use Biokleen for regular and Planet for delicate. It is so easy to get them delivered from Amazon. However, you have to have the space to store 6 bottles.

Honored Contributor

If you mean Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day, I am currently using some now. I purchase my detergent from Soap.com about four times a year. In each order I usually buy something that I've never tried before. If you check out the link above, most of these products have excellent reviews. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary when I've washed my clothes other than the liquid is a concentrate so you use considerably less than other liquids. I am also using Nellie's - a powder - purchased from HSN. I like it. I first purchased a small tin and then ordered a much larger one. I alternate products becaue I like to mix it up. When I'm washing, I use the product of the day for everything except whites. I hate the smell of Clorox so I use White Brite.

Speaking of the pods, we are seeing more and more newstories about toddlers eating them thinking they are candy. This past weekend, one of the consumer reporters stated that she thinks they need to pull the pods off the shelves. How about parents putting things like this out of the reach of their small ones?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.