Honored Contributor

Share great products made in the USA

I thought it might be nice to share with others here when we find and use products made in the USA.

Many are trying to buy domestically made products, but sometimes they can be hard to find. I was thinking things from Q especially (as I've noticed more of them lately, they must be hearing us), but purchased from anywhere is ok, too.

I'll start with a couple.

First, I just purchased from Q, the Easy Greasy. It is a colander/straining system (L40010) with a container to capture the grease when draining meat, and cover and store in the fridge. It was exactly what I needed to solve a problem in my kitchen. The sad part is that the presentation waits till the very end before Carolyn mentions that it is made in USA, and the written description online doesn't say where it is made at all. Come on Q, be proud and tell us when a product is made here.

I will also put in my vote for a company called USA Pan. They make the best nonstick bakeware I have ever seen. The pieces are so heavy and substantial, and the nonstick on them is super.

Please share products you have purchased and used that are currently made here, and give us a thumbs up or down on them. They don't have to be kitchen products, anything you would like to share is great.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Share great products made in the USA

This winter was so cold, I switched to wearing Smart Wool hiking socks and was pleasantly surprised to discover they are USA made - and I love them!

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 PilatesLover said:

This winter was so cold, I switched to wearing Smart Wool hiking socks and was pleasantly surprised to discover they are USA made - and I love them!

Our textile industry is all but gone in this country, but we do still manufacture a number of great socks here.

We buy a lot of Wigwam thick wool socks for winter. They have other lines, for all seasons, and I'm thinking we need to try them as well. I buy a lot of socks at thrift stores, as they get a lot of new ones donated, but when I'm going out to buy brand new, I want American made whenever I can get it.

Super Contributor

Vintage Bee Creamed Honey out of Raleigh, NC. I intially bought it on QVC but now I order from their website. I wish that they'd have them back on QVC. I was never a big honey fan until I tried this honey.

Super Contributor

USA Pan and Fiesta ware. Both great products made in USA. Fiesta ware made here for over 75 yrs.

Super Contributor

Another great thread MIO!!

Honored Contributor

Boscov's is having a 50% off sale on Fiesta ware this week.

Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

Scott's Liquid Gold furniture care and Alpha Hydrox skin care are both made in Denver, CO

Super Contributor

On 3/9/2015 baker said:

Boscov's is having a 50% off sale on Fiesta ware this week.

Thanks!!!!