Honored Contributor

It's driving me CRAZY - new Samsung Fridge!!! Feedback please!!

Now please don't think I'm totally insane BUT I just had my new fridge (Samsung french door) delivered on Saturday. Well, I got rid of my older fridge because it "annoying humming/fan motor sound and ran all day long" OMG this new one does the same thing!!!! In fact, I won't even go in the kitchen for long period of time because I can't stand the hum!!!! So I called the store today -- it's normal because of the "twin cooling system".... Please tell me this is NOT normal because if so they need to take this back!!!! Ps: don't open it unless I absolutely have to as it makes it louder!!! Hope I'm not going crazy...cuz this is putting me over the edge...feedback please!!! Thank you as always!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: It's driving me CRAZY - new Samsung Fridge!!! Feedback please!!

Ruh-roh.....

Contributor

Had a Samsung. Was nice looking and fancy but gave me a lot of trouble. Would not buy the brand again.

Honored Contributor

I would google the model number and read the reviews.
Regular Contributor

I would call Samsung directly because I too have a Samsung French door refrigerator and mine is very quiet and I love it.... I'm not sure what store you bought it from, but I'm sure samsung will make it right.... Call them
Trusted Contributor

We've had ours for several years. It does sound a lot different from our previous refrigerator, but it's nothing that concerns or annoys me. It's under warranty so I would definitely have it checked if you are concerned.
"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

We bought a French door with outside icemaker 5 years ago. It was noisey. 5 years and 30 days later it went out. No one would honor warranty because it was past the 5 years. Ordered yet another Samsung French door but this time no outside ice maker. I do like it and yes mine is very noisy also. Only reason we got another Samsung is because of consumer reports but yes, mine is also very noisey. This time we took an extra warranty on it.

Beckyblu

Super Contributor

This is why I still have my Frigidaire which is probably 10 yrs old!!! I so want the new Samsung fridge that has the middle pull out drawer - but have been afraid of being disappointed. The humming you describe would drive me over the edge, too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 kahootz said:

This is why I still have my Frigidaire which is probably 10 yrs old!!! I so want the new Samsung fridge that has the middle pull out drawer - but have been afraid of being disappointed. The humming you describe would drive me over the edge, too.

Our Frigidaire is 20 yrs old...still looks like new and is silent...virtually no sound unless we have it make ice for an hour or two. Even then, we only hear the ice drop out and into the container.

Sorry to hear the OP is having issues with a brand new fridge...hopefully there will be a happy resolution Smile

Honored Contributor

We have a new Samsung french door frig we recently bought for our cottage. I really love this frig but the LOUD hum that is coming from the icemaker area is driving us nuts when we are there! When you open the doors, the hum stops, when you close the doors it starts up again. We are moving to our cottage full-time this summer. Since we're rarely there now, we are planning on calling for someone to come out and take a look at it when we are living there.I honestly didn't notice our noise at all in the beginning. If I did, it would have gone back PRONTO! Don't wait, see if you can do something about either getting it fixed or return it! We searched on-line and it looks as though a lot of people are having the same problem with their Samsung refrigerators. Hope you are able to get yours fixed. Good luck.

"Pure Michigan"