Respected Contributor

We lost our little Peanut yesterday.....

Our little Peanut passed away yesterday. He was a long haired wiener and he was 18 years old. I'm struggling, but my boyfriend is really struggling as this was his dog. Peanut lived an amazing life. He was so head strong and fought till the end. We still have Murph, my little Maltese, but he will have to adjust also. I read Dan's story and it was so beautiful. Pets are amazing, and they love us unconditionally. I'm missing him so bad!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: We lost our little Peanut yesterday.....

So sorry for your loss. They are so much a part of the family. I know a lot of people here empathize with losing a beloved pet. I read Dan's story,too. Touching.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I understand exactly what you are going through. I had to help my little shih tzu (Taz) across the bridge on Feb. 6th. He was 4 months shy of his 17th birthday and I got him when he was 6 weeks old. The day of his "journey" I was inconsolable, and I still cry every night.

Trusted Contributor

Awwww Smiley Sad I feel your pain. Lost my West Highland White Terrior 10 years ago. I still miss him. I'm sure you other dog is wondering what happened to Peanut. So sad. They are like kids. Hang in there...

Valued Contributor

Sending you hugs and I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. I believe dogs go to heaven! Running free and you will see Peanut again. In my prayers...

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand.Hugs!

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lose my Eskie about 2 years ago. It's so very hard.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much for your thought and prayers and kind words! It's times like these when we are feeling low that these message boards can help you trudge along! Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

Thoughts and prayers for both of you. I read Dan's story and cried. We have a Llasa that is getting on in years. He pretty much does nothing but sleep now. He's getting blind in one eye. It's very difficult for him to go up and down the stairs and to even walk. It's so sad. He looked just like this little guy when we got him as a pup. He's now 14.