Regular Contributor

Your best recommendation for a safe cleaning product for the shower, tile, glass enclosure, grout, etc.

I am in need of a recommendation for the very best cleaning product that will get the shower and bathroom spotless. I deal with hard water and not a lot of ventilation in the bathroom so mold can build up quickly unless something strong like bleach is used. The all glass shower enclosure (which we squeegee after each shower) never quite gets perfect...buildup. The huge shower floor shows the hard water stains that is nearly impossible to get bright again. And, the bathroom tile grout on floor needs a miracle to get back the color.

And, I want to make sure it is safe and not caustic to the skin and lungs. As well, a product that will not etch the glass enclosure.

The bathroom is thoroughly cleaned once per week, but the products need to do a better job. Thank you for your suggestions that will help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your best recommendation for a safe cleaning product for the shower, tile, glass enclosure, grout, etc.

I like Clorox Clean Up with Bleach, liquid or comes in a spray bottle.

Valued Contributor

Re: Your best recommendation for a safe cleaning product for the shower, tile, glass enclosure, grout, etc.

I've recently been using The Honest Company's toilet bowl cleaner in my shower. You can check it out on their website for ingredients, but it's perfectly safe to use. I've found it to be excellent for my shower, but I don't know how well it does against mildew. I think bleach may be the only thing unfortunately that works againt mildew, but I have wondered if lemon juice would work. I've never tried that though.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for our replies, just trying to avoid bleach. Any one else?

Trusted Contributor

I love Earth Brite sold on HSN. It cleans everything, no fumes. Check it out! They just had a TOday's Special.
Regular Contributor

On 3/1/2015 lizzief said: I love Earth Brite sold on HSN. It cleans everything, no fumes. Check it out! They just had a TOday's Special.

Thanks...will check out.

Valued Contributor

Shar Beth, there's no bleach in any of the Honest Company's products. At least look at their website to see if they have anything you might be intersted in. All their products are non toxic. I'm new to their products but have become a return customer.
Regular Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Klm said: Shar Beth, there's no bleach in any of the Honest Company's products. At least look at their website to see if they have anything you might be intersted in. All their products are non toxic. I'm new to their products but have become a return customer.

Thank you so much for this suggestion as you are customer. I ended up doing a google search, and this company came up. It looks very interesting. I tried to call their toll-free number, but they are only open on weekdays. Will try again tomorrow. Hope that I can get products that will do the job and be safe! Thanks again.

Frequent Contributor

I like to use white vinegar and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on glass shower doors. CLR is good also. As for the grout, you might have to use a bleach pen and then seal it. About the Honest Co., they sell many of their products at Target.
Honored Contributor

I big bottle of white vinegar will clean almost everything.

I do use bleach in the toilets.