Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who suggested a French-Door Fridge vs. Side by Side

OMG I think I fell in love! After waiting 6 weeks my new "baby" was delivered & I can't believe how much I'm loving a refrigerator! Just wanted to thank all who gave me some good advice (again) when trying to make my selection. Its a Samsung ... I'm still awed at how much fits in this thing. It is the perfect addition to complete my kitchen renovation. Next week the electrical contractor is scheduled to do the kitchen pot lights, under counter lighting and some new fixtures. Then I think I'm done for awhile!

Thanks again!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks to all who suggested a French-Door Fridge vs. Side by Side

Glad you love your new fridge... Wow, back in the day, did any of us ever think we'd get excited by new appliances! When I need a new fridge, this will be my choice too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

We've had our Samsung French door refrigerator for about five years and I still occasionally walk by and give it a big HUG and tell it how much I ADORE it. Call me CRAZY----but I understand and share your enthusiasm.

KK

Super Contributor

Call me crazy too - I LOVE my fridge! Considering it holds everything we love to eat lol... it's a real favorite appliance in our house!

Frequent Contributor

So happy to hear you love your new fridge! It really is incredible how much the French door style holds. Love ours at our lake house.
Honored Contributor

Samsung is a good brand. What size did you get? Is it the one with the middle pullout door for produce? I love that one.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

We got a new French door fridge about a year ago and I opted for the counter depth. It's shallower and doesn't stick out quite so much as the standard sized one but it's still huge!

We kept the old side by side out in the garage. It's nice to have that extra room for various odds & ends.

Regular Contributor

I love my Samsung french door fridge. I've had in since 2010 and it is still fantastic. In fact, I'm a big fan of Samsung and own several Samsung products and love them all - 55" SmartTV, Convection over the range Microwave, the laptop I am using to type this among others. Such a stylish and quality brand. I think you will feel good about this purchase for years to come.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to get a French Door Refrigerator and my next appliances will be in Black!...Maybe I can speed the life of our current Refrigerator up a little bit by giving it a few good kicks and start from there! lol

How exciting about your kitchen renovation!...Enjoy!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear that you love your new fridge. I love mine, also, but have one word of caution. You have to be a little deliberate when closing the doors...at least you do on mine, anyway. I have an alarm setting on my refrigerator that let's you know if the doors aren't closed. If you have that, I suggest you engage it. Other then that, I adore my French door, too!!!