Frequent Contributor

The Good Witch series tonight....

Does anyone know what has happened to the Chris Potter character on the Good Witch series that airs tonight?

New Contributor

Re: The Good Witch series tonight....

I read in a recent article that he was unavailable due to a prior commitment to the Canadian series Heartland. I hope this answers your question. The article did reveal more about a time jump but I don't want to give away any spoilers.
Trusted Contributor

I found this summary:

Looks like Bailee Madison will play her teenage daughter now. In the last movie, she was around 5!

Good Witch Episode 1 “Starting Over… Again” airs on Saturday February 28th at 8pm on Hallmark Channel. In tonight’s episode, the bewitching Cassie Nightingale is back as Middleton’s favorite enchantress and this time she’s joined by her teenage daughter Grace, who shares that same special intuition as her mom. When handsome Dr. Sam Radford and his teenage son move in next to the Grey House, they are immediately spellbound by the mother-daughter duo next door. While Cassie tries to welcome them with her special magical touch, Sam and Cassie quickly find they may not see eye to eye. Then, as Cassie and her family are reeling from a devastating loss, her son Brandon has a shocking surprise announcement about his future that will cause emotions to run high. With her signature charm, Cassie attempts to bring everyone together in time for a powerful event, ensuring all of Middleton is in for new changes, big surprises and, of course, a little bit of magic!

Respected Contributor

I'm going to have a hard time getting over the Chris Potter character. Sorry he's not available now - it's going to take some time to get used to the new format. I enjoyed him in the role of the police chief. Hope that the "devastating loss" isn't the loss of Chris Potter's character.

And, for what it's worth, I liked Cassie better with her long hair. Now her face and neck seem so very tiny. But they didn't ask me!!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Uverse carried Hallmark Channel. I wanted to see this show.

Valued Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Perkup said:

I'm going to have a hard time getting over the Chris Potter character. Sorry he's not available now - it's going to take some time to get used to the new format. I enjoyed him in the role of the police chief. Hope that the "devastating loss" isn't the loss of Chris Potter's character.

And, for what it's worth, I liked Cassie better with her long hair. Now her face and neck seem so very tiny. But they didn't ask me!!

Sadly, it is. They killed off his character and it looks like the goal is to create sexual tension between her and the new male lead. They could've replaced the actor instead, like they clearly did for The Brandon character. An hour & 15 minutes in and I still haven't decided. Not sure I like that she's the "alternative medicine" competition for the new doc (Denton) because the guy he replaced was a quack. Balance in health care approaches is important.
Honored Contributor

It wasn't bad... not all that different from the other movies, though I'm not sure how it'll play out as an hour series... Personally, I might've preferred had they continued doing the occasional movie, but time will tell. Don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about the change in casting and, in fact, am glad they replaced 'Brandon'. When he got married in the last movie, I thought it was sort of ridiculous. The guy looked about 15.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I was so excited about this show until I found out that Chris Potter would not be on it. I guess I will not be watching.

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Mary Bailey said:

We went to Uverse a year or so ago, but only for the computers and land line phones. We did not leave DirecTV because we refused to give up Hallmark and Smithsonian channels. I had a guy tell me last week that they don't have Hallmark Channels, but they have "something similar". I reminded him that a Kia and a BMW are somewhat similar, both have four wheels and a windshield, but they're not really the same. And there's nothing "similar" to Hallmark.

AT&T apparently owns DirecTV now, but that hasn't changed the channel lineup. If they ever get the channels we watch most, we might change our tv's over to UVerse. I am told that AT&T can't get a contract with Hallmark.

Respected Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Perkup said:
On 2/28/2015 Mary Bailey said:

We went to Uverse a year or so ago, but only for the computers and land line phones. We did not leave DirecTV because we refused to give up Hallmark and Smithsonian channels. I had a guy tell me last week that they don't have Hallmark Channels, but they have "something similar". I reminded him that a Kia and a BMW are somewhat similar, both have four wheels and a windshield, but they're not really the same. And there's nothing "similar" to Hallmark.

AT&T apparently owns DirecTV now, but that hasn't changed the channel lineup. If they ever get the channels we watch most, we might change our tv's over to UVerse. I am told that AT&T can't get a contract with Hallmark. Anyway, you can have some of the Uverse without having it all.