Regular Contributor
I was in Walmart and was looking at their candles, tired of low scent bbw and Yankee candles. I picked up one of their brand Mainstays Aroma Beads jar candle in Mango. I been using it for few nights and scent is lovely for 5 dollars and change. I placed candle on electric base lantern candle warmer I picked up in candle shop this summer. While cleaning this morning I dusted and turn candle over and it's a Hanna Candle made in USA from Arkansas. I remember Valerie talking about Hanna candles years ago. I had old blueberry candle of hers that came with ceramic shade that I had in my cabinet and turn it over and it was same candle from Hannas. Score Hannas candles are in Walmart now for 5 dollars in change! Wanted pass the news on! I will go back to Walmart this weekend for more scents!
Honored Contributor

Thanks. I'll check it out. I was just at Walmart.

Contributor
I am a candle addict and headed to Walmart tomorrow..Thank You so much for the heads-up!
Honored Contributor
I love their BH&G wax melts. They have the strongest scent and last longer than any other I've tried. Can't beat the price either.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

To me, it isn't as much the strength of the scent, but the quality of it. I will check these out.

Contributor

Thank you so much Cruisin for posting about Hanna's Candles. A good friend of mine sent me a mini jar candle from Hanna's with the honeysuckle scent. I fell in love with it, and burned it down to nothing.... I was so sad when it was gone. It reminded of the honeysuckle that grew wild in West Virginia when I was a kid.

I've tried all kinds of honeysuckle scents and they all smell like "fake" something or other, the candles from Hanna's are softly scented and not at all perfumey or offensive.

I'll be making a trip to Walmart very soon. Hardly every go there anymore.... don't like the throngs of rude people and kids running through the store, but I will brave all that to get some Hanna's candles

Thanks again !

Honored Contributor

Wow! Thanks for the information. I have purchased a few Walmart candles in the past, and I liked them, but never realized that they were made by Hanna.

I love mango. I will be headed there this afternoon and a mango candle is now on my list.

Thank you for posting.

Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the tip. I checked out WM this morning and found a couple Better Homes & Garden candles that came from Hanna's. French Country Vanilla and Eucalyptus Mint. They smell divine, and I haven't even lit them! Dragonfly
Honored Contributor

Hi cruising, thanks for posting. If you or anyone else has burned these candles, do they burn evenly and do they smoke? I use BBW because I don't have to deal with the soot and they usually burn down evenly. But, if these are good, I'd love the savings over the BBW ones. I don't go to Walmart often even though it is only a mile from me but I will go and check out the candles if they get a good review. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Thanks! I'm adding these to my shopping list!