Frequent Contributor

Berkshire Blanket and Horrible Pilling

Hi all,

I have looked for answers online but I usually get the best answers from this forum!! I have a couple of beautiful Berkshire brand blankets that after carefully washing have terrible pilling.

I rewashed as suggested in cold water/dried but still pills of material all over the edges and body of blanket. They were washing separately by themselves. They were not pilling before washing.

Suggestions were also to use a sticky roll/razor. UGH I may just donate them :-(

Anyone else have this problem?

TIA,

Teddy

Respected Contributor

Re: Berkshire Blanket and Horrible Pilling

Try calling the manufacturer and ask them if they have any idea why this occurred.

I would imagine they should have some opinion if you followed correct maintenance instructions as to what caused this piling dilemma to happen.

I have blankets for many years which have been washed and placed in dryer to dry and they still look brand new......no piling whatsoever.

Good luck, and I hope you get an honest reply from the manufacturer.

Honored Contributor

Do you know which blankets you have? Is it possibly the velvet one with the satin like binding all around?

I have had some pilling on the binding of mine, and it has come from the fact that I use it in conjunction with flannel sheets. The only place I have the pilling is on the binding itself, not the blankets themselves. Q sells a gizmo that is used to shave pilling off sweater and such. I got one for a gift, and love it. A device like that should clean it right up.

I'd also suggest washing each blanket by itself, to avoid one's shedding ending up on another.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks adoreqvc and mominohio, Both are Berkshire Blanket/Premium Quality/ 100% Poly. No satin trim. They were not on flannel sheets and I did wash them as the manufacturer stated in Cold water, separately and Low heat dryer {#emotions_dlg.huh}

They were not inexpensive, just frustrates me. Maybe I'll wash again and alo try with the razor but the blanket is large and it is all over it, UGH

Thanks for the suggestions {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Teddy

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Teddy55 said:

Thanks adoreqvc and mominohio, Both are Berkshire Blanket/Premium Quality/ 100% Poly. No satin trim. They were not on flannel sheets and I did wash them as the manufacturer stated in Cold water, separately and Low heat dryer {#emotions_dlg.huh}

They were not inexpensive, just frustrates me. Maybe I'll wash again and alo try with the razor but the blanket is large and it is all over it, UGH

Thanks for the suggestions {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Teddy

I hope you get some info from the manufacturer and post back to us if you can.