Occasional Contributor

Valerie's Ceramic Hurricanes with Candle & with bird on top

Just wondering what the actual diameter of the base of this hurricane measures if you have it. The description says 8" & my mantle is only 7-l/2". Does it measure a true 8"? Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Ceramic Hurricanes with Candle & with bird on top

I measured mine, and it is definitely 8, maybe a half inch more in the very middle.

If you have somewhere else to use this, I highly recommend it. It is very substantial, and I like mine so much, I'd like to get some others in other colors (I have brown) to go in other rooms of the house, and outside on the deck for summer (although they aren't made for weather, I'd just use it when we are outside for the day).

Super Contributor

OP , I agree with the previous poster about placement of this hurricane . I was surprised at how tall and substantial it was when I received mine. (I ordered the denim blue & love it . ) It looks much smaller on the TV presentations . I had planned on placing it in the center of my dining room table , but its height was too close to the pendant light , hanging above the table. I decided to display it on a Duraflame fireplace, we have in the corner of the dining room & it looks fine there .
Respected Contributor

I think it is such a pretty piece, I don't own it but probably will soon order one....deciding on the color will not be easy but I'm leaning toward the green one.
Esteemed Contributor

I liked it, but too big for my small home, so I returned it
Contributor

Item # please. TIA
Honored Contributor

I really love that piece. I go back and forth on what color to get. I can think of probably 3 or 4 places to put it.

Honored Contributor

Is the bottom finished or is it rough? If I put it on a glass table, would it scratch it?

Trusted Contributor

I own two of these - green and ivory. Item number H202090. They are substantial. The bottom has a ""ring"" of unfinished ceramic but it has 3 rubber feet that protect the table surface. I put a luminara candle in mine for a very realistic effect.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 brii said:

I really love that piece. I go back and forth on what color to get. I can think of probably 3 or 4 places to put it.

I was in the same boat. I waited forever to order, and when it came, I wished I'd ordered one in about every color, for different places.

I'm rather confounded by the fact that this piece is under $30, yet so large, heavy and substantial. Most of my Q purchases used to be so worth the total price paid, but that hasn't been the case the last several years. I think you get so much for the money on this one, more so than just about anything else I can remember purchasing from Q.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in this one.