Respected Contributor

OMG, it's dumping the snow at my house!!!

There was already 12 inches on the ground at my house here in WV and it's pouring the snow right now!! So far since last night late we have already gotten close to another 12 inches and we are suppose to get more. I'm so sick of winter. I need a weekend vaca soon ! What's it doing at your house today?
Honored Contributor

Re: OMG, it's dumping the snow at my house!!!

We have a little gray right now but supposed to be sunny this afternoon in Wa. it is very mild and other than rain we haven't had much sign of winter here.
Honored Contributor

A day or so ago I was supposed to get a few inches of snow (SE Michigan). Today I learned folks closer to Ohio will get it and my friends in Ohio will get all of it. In summary - I'll be surprised if I get a dusting of snow.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We're having a heat wave today in the midwest. It's 10. Had 3 inches snow overnight. Back to negative numbers tomorrow for the next week. We've had little snow this year compared to a typical year, but we've had more days with negative numbers.
Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 graycatsrule said: We're having a heat wave today in the midwest. It's 10. Had 3 inches snow overnight. Back to negative numbers tomorrow for the next week. We've had little snow this year compared to a typical year, but we've had more days with negative numbers.
It's been bitter cold here also. I work in the school system and 4 days this past week, all 55 counties in WV were closed. Thursday night it was -14 degrees at my house with wind chill -30's. I can handle the snow, but the cold I can't take.
Contributor

I feel so sorry for you all. I live in Florida , we had 2 pretty cold days , but it is 75 and sunny now. Anyone for a vacation? Unfortunately, with it so cold everywhere so many more than usual have come to Florida and it is very crowded here. Traffic is awful, restaurants even are requiring a reservation for breakfast. I went to the grocery store this morning and could not wait to get the heck outta there. crowds crowds crowds everywhere.

The upside is that most of these people rent Jan, Feb, and Mar so another 5 weeks or so and they will be gone home, and our lives will return to normal.

Esteemed Contributor

Snowing heavily in the Piedmont of VA. Drat.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Come to San Diego ! Nice and warm here
Honored Contributor

I hate winter! I hope all the people in my city who have been begging for snow are happy now. We already have 10 inches on the ground which is not typical for us - most schools closed all this week - my school had a delayed opening Friday. Today we are getting a mix of snow, sleet, and rain - supposed to turn back to snow tonight. With all the snow and frozen ground we also have some local flooding. Wondering if I will be able to get out tomorrow morning to sing at my church.

Honored Contributor

just began snowing here. lots of ice mixed in with snow, visibility is very poor. will venture out to church for services tonight, not sure about dinner tonight. if roads are bad, will come straight home. we are only 1 mile from church , straight shot there and back home.

accumulating pretty quick.

so tired of winter, been so gosh darn cold. don't even want to see gas bill this month, it was be HUGE.