Respected Contributor

Rustoleum spray paint in hammered copper...wonderful

Projects here at the condo have benefitted from the Hammered Copper color spray paint by Rustoleum: spray painted a bathroom counter moveable small towel holder, a small iron swan, a tall candlestick holder, and two white ceramic wall decor plates that had gorgeous white raised floral curlicues. All items came from a local Fleamarket or Goodwill and have been transformed. The wall plaques took the most work: covered all but the floral area, sprayed, removed tape and then touched up the white where the copper bled. Hung on the soffit above the condo's kitchen windows with a a horizontal olive branch centered between them. The brach has copper- colored olives. Amazing what a spray can can do....
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Re: Rustoleum spray paint in hammered copper...wonderful

I tried this hammered paint on a metal wall hanging (a twisted leaves design) and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I didn't see as much texture on my finished project. as I expected from the little sample that was on display in Home Depot.

It could be the color I chose. It's called dark bronze, but it's sort of a grayish brown. It was a little boring, I thought.

I'm going to give it another try, I think I will try the copper color, too. I love copper. Maybe I'll like the end result better than the brownish that I used.

I certainly have a lot of things around here that could use sprucing up.

Honored Contributor

I've seen that product but haven't used it.

I love spray paint -LOL

Glad you got good results.

Valued Contributor

I've seen that at walmart and have been wanting to try it. I think I'd try it on a plastic flower pot first. Then if it didn't turn out well it would be no big loss. Can this be used on plastic??

Honored Contributor

I'd spray it on something then put a teal wash over it so it looks like a verdigris finish. The teal paint goes in the nooks and crannies. Breaks up all of the copper. Gives it a ""distressed"" look.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

COUNTRY GAL: Look for the type spray you'll need-- exterior, interior, plastic, etc. place object on large piece of plastic or cardboard. Don't "wet, the object or you'll have large drips and a mess. When doing a large amount of surface, wear a paper nose mask: the spray will travel and you may end up ruining some other surface. However, you should end up with a "new" looking item! Good luck.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Very cool. I'm now thinking about spraying my outdoor bistro table, come Spring. From a plain forest green to something psychedelic! Thanks for the inspiration.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I have an outdoor bench/table combo unit to spray this spring and that color sounds rich and pretty. It will set in an English garden area with some pots of Cottage Farms Sun Patients on it. Some copper paints I have tried looked cheap and gaudy.

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago we did our front door in the Rustoleum Hammered Copper. We get compliments on it all the time! DH rolled on the quart.

We used the spray paint on our patio furniture. It's awesome.