Super Contributor

Oh I am so through with Dyson

Between the DC65 which is so hard to maneuver on hard floor and now the DC59 that has a filter that falls out when the unit is turned over and dumps your junk all over, I will not try this companies products again. If the filter falling out was not enough the lid on the bottom opened by itself multiple times. All this may have been a rarity , but for me it is a monster deal breaker.

Twice now I went against my better judgment and my first mistake has now been corrected with the fabulous Shark POWERED Lift Away, and now I will continue to use and not sell my 20 volt B&D dustbuster.

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh I am so through with Dyson

WOW!! I have 2 Dysons - DC 15 large one I've had for many years and a DC 39 Animal canister and love them both. I've had no problems with either. While I liked my Shark it only lasted 2 1/2 years as I had a dog with really thick fur that kept clogging it. I guess nothing works for everyone.

Honored Contributor

You've just given up???? Call their help line! They are fantastic at problem solving over the phone! I have several Dysons for both my house here and for my cottage! LOVE them! Would keep house without one!

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

I am a Dyson girl as well-we have had Hoovers, Riccar, Electrolux, Oreck--have had over 12 different vacuums and my Dyson animal is the BEST vacuum we have ever had. I cannot believe how much dog hair it picks up and also how the carpet looks when I am finished vacuuming. Best purchase ever from two years ago. You need to call their customer service and see what they can help you with.

Honored Contributor

QVC just had a Shark TSV which tells me that they know a lot of people want something other than a Dyson. I'm still using an old Oreck which does a very good job in my household.

Trusted Contributor

Add me to the Dyson lover's . I have three and six - yes 6 dogs and no issues.

Have been tempted to try Shark but went with the third Dyson , instead.

As another suggested, call the company and see if you can't get some resolution with your issues.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

My daughter made me buy a miele, very very expensive, but fantastic.

Super Contributor

On 2/20/2015 evelyner said:

Among others I have a Miele Calisto but even at 1200 watts it does not even come close to the suction of the Shark POWERED Lift Away although at 1200 watts the Miele is far quieter than the Shark, yet I am opting for a lifetime warranty Shark with Superior cleaning over the Miele.

Honored Contributor

When I took my vacuum in for routine maintenance I asked about getting a Dyson, they highly discouraged it. So many people believe everything they hear or read nowadays.

Contributor

On 2/20/2015 4uthebest said:
On 2/20/2015 evelyner said:

Among others I have a Miele Calisto but even at 1200 watts it does not even come close to the suction of the Shark POWERED Lift Away although at 1200 watts the Miele is far quieter than the Shark, yet I am opting for a lifetime warranty Shark with Superior cleaning over the Miele.

Unfortunately it's only a 5 year warranty from Shark. I know because I just had them replace my 3 year old Navigator. They don't actually give a free replacement, they will offer certain options; ship a part for free to you to fix the problem, have you send vacuum at your expense to them for service or lastly (the option I choose) was a new replacement for the reduced price of $33 plus $19.95 shipping. The only thing I didn't like about the deal was that the warranty on the new replacement picks up where the old one left off. So, I have a new vacuum with a 2 year warranty.