Honored Contributor

Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro or Tru-Pet

I want to buy a good forever vacuum instead of a fairly disposable okay vacuum. I don't, however, want to spend a fortune. I've had good luck with Shark/ EuroPro in the past, but some of their vacuums are pretty heavy. I'm not so interested in the Lift Aways and etc. because I'm in a 1 BR apartment - but I do need to deal with cat hair. I'm interested in the Shark Rockets - the new ones that have 2X the cup size - but would love some feedback from anyone who has one of them. Do they really have suction as good as, say, the TSV? Do you have to constantly empty them? How are they with pet hair? Any advice would be appreciated - thanks.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro or Tru-Pet

Sorry, I haven't had use either of these, however I am always looking for the perfect vacuum though, so I checked these models out that you mentioned. They look pretty good, but I don't think I would like a vacuum that doesn't stand on it's own. I think that would be inconvenient. I am always having to stop vacuuming to pick up things (dog toys, etc.). You would have to lay it down and pick it up every time.

I love my Shark Liftaway. I love it so much that after I bought one, I bought another one to use at my store. I had a Dyson at the store and I hated it. Not sure why you don't want one or why it has anything to do with living in a one bedroom apt. I got mine at Walmart for about $200.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the shark rocket when it was a tsv a few months back. I have a big huse and thats what i use. It saves my back. I love it. Couldnt recommend more.
Respected Contributor

I have the Rocket that looks like a stick vac but is billed as working as good as an upright. IMO, it does. I use it for evwrything, hardly ever use my standard uprights any more. I have cats, it does a good hob pickong up litter and fur. BTW, for storage, it does stand upright on its own.....you disengage the top motor part and hook it on a bracket that's down near the head. I also have a Lift-away, but I use the Rocket more. I don't know if it will last forever, but I've had it 3 or 4 years (since it first came out) with no decline in performance.
Respected Contributor

I have a couple questions about these vacs. Can you vacuum with the beater bar turned off?

With the weight of the vac at the top, is it awkward? It looks like it would be.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I just bought the Rocket Trupet at BBBeyond, love it.

For me it is a 2nd vacuum, but very powerful. The feature I like on this model is the LED light and the attachments that came with it. Is there a BBB near you? Go and take a look.

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2015 mima said:

I have a couple questions about these vacs. Can you vacuum with the beater bar turned off?

With the weight of the vac at the top, is it awkward? It looks like it would be.

Thanks!

not heavy, and there is a bare floor function

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 jackthebear said:
On 2/16/2015 mima said:

Thanks!

not heavy, and there is a bare floor function

Thanks for the info. I might think about this one. I have a thing for vacuums. LOL

Honored Contributor

http://tinyurl.com/oqcgbn6

this is the one I got, and you can use the coupon for 20% off

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all for the recs and feedback. Whichever one I get, the TruPet or the Pro (same price, almost identical) I will most likely use a 20% off at BBB. I love the idea of it being so light, just wanted to hear from users that it picks up as well as the other Sharks. You all have convinced me :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all