Trusted Contributor

On a previous thread, washing walls was being discussed. I was fortunate to find the powdered Spic and Span at Ace Hardware. I have since returned for a back up box.

This stuff rocks! I just moved a display cabinet from my dining room. The a/c vent and filter are also on that wall. I just cleaned half of the wall (need to use the tall ladder for the top) and the water was black!

This area tends to get more dust due to the a/c, but gross! I have a tan colored paint so the dirt is not obvious to the naked eye.

So, get our your Spic and Span. I am sure I am going to sleep better tonight with that dust gone! WOW!

Valued Contributor

flickerbulb, Great job on your walls! I'm working on spring cleaning my appliances this weekend. I've got a little more to finish, and they'll be done this afternoon. It's my least favorite job, so I'm always thrilled to have it done. The walls are probably next. We'll both sleep well tonight! Happy Valentines Day! pinky

Super Contributor

I love Spic and Span but haven't been able to find the powdered version. I'm glad to hear that Ace has it - I'll find one nearby and buy some.

I think it cleans so much better than the liquid.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazing isn't it?

I used to use Soilex. I couldn't find it so I started using the powder Spic n Span.

Washing walls is how I discovered soot from burning candles. It gathered near the vaulted ceiling in the dining room. Now I use flameless candles and melt tarts when I want fragrance.

I need to get on my spring cleaning while the weather is still winter. I want to enjoy spring!

Valued Contributor

I did the appliance cleaning last weekend and now walls this weekend (probably a 2 weekend job to do the whole house). I, too, want to get the spring cleaning done so I can get outside once it turns Spring!!!

Last weekend I cleaned and then Gel-Glossed the appliances. I bought the powdered Spic & Span at Ace also and that's what I'm using on the walls. Amazing!

Trusted Contributor

I also bought a bottle of Jubilee at Ace. I used it for formica countertops and am going to use it on the frig.

Ace has a lot of cleaning products like Gel Gloss that they do not sell in other regular stores.

Honored Contributor

When you wash your walls, do you use a extension wand with an attached cloth or just your arm and a cloth?

Trusted Contributor

I am using these small yellow sponges I got from Dollar Tree. I love these sponges! They have a green scrubby on the other side.

With my tall ladder, I have been able to reach everything so far.

I think the Don Aslett cloth could also be used on a pole to reach high areas.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes the old stuff works better than the new. Spic 'n Span has been around since I was a very small child and probably longer than that!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

momtodogs, If you have the floor Swiffer, the plain one, you can use fabric from old tee shirts or whatever you have cut to fit. Take it off to rinse as needed, and pop back on. One or two extra pieces ready helps it even go quicker. Works for me... It reaches pretty high, and so easy to use. My ladder days are over, so I try to find easy ways around things when I need to.

Ford, I can't remember a tiime when there wasn't any Spic and Span. It's stood the test of time that's for sure. pinky