Honored Contributor

Baby diaper wipes, still using them as the kid graduates from high school!

On the other thread about paper towels, I posted about using diaper wipes to clean up the dog when he comes in from outside.

I though it might be fun to share if and how we still use those baby wipes, even after the kids are grown (or maybe never had them!).

In addition to cleaning up dirty animals, I keep them in both bathrooms for use there, and I have them in my purse to clean up hands when out and about. I also have them in the car, for when we travel and want to clean up our hands. If I have to sit and wait in the car when dropping off or picking someone up, I use them to clean up the dash and the cup holders and such, too.

I even keep some in the basement, as I go down there to clean the cat boxes, change over the seasonal dishes or a million other things from day to day, and there is no sink or water, so if I have a little mess, I have those to clean things up.

Care to share if and how you are still using one of the best inventions of all time?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baby diaper wipes, still using them as the kid graduates from high school!

Sorry, I only used them to wipe my boys' butts and that was it!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I don't use baby wipes, but I do use the personal hand wipes. I keep some in my purse and some in the car. I like using the wipes instead of hand sanitizer.

My daughter uses baby wipes to take her makeup off.

Esteemed Contributor

There are many uses, just google! I use them for clean ups in the bath, kitchen and car.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Nope I don't use baby wipes for anything. I only used them for diapering my babies that are adults now!

I just use Wet Ones for myself, I keep a container in my car so I can wipe down my hands after I've been to the grocery store, doctor's office, etc.

For my dog I buy those pet wipes at Petsmart, they are anti-bacterial. I use them to wipe him down if he gets his paws dirty outside. If he goes out potty when it's raining, I'll dry him off with paper towels when he comes back in and then wipe him down with the cleansing wipes. That way he's fresh and doesn't have that "wet dog smell" in the house. I also buy a package of the gentle puppy wipes that are tear-free, for using around his face and eyes.

Honored Contributor

Wow. The environment really takes a hit from paper towels, Pampers, wipes, etc. Try to limit the use as you can.

Super Contributor

I think everyone gets to make their own decisions about wipes and paper towels.

Honored Contributor

My youngest daughter drives a tractor trailer for a living, and always carries baby wipes in her travel bag. On a 7 day trip, she may only get to stop for a shower 1-2x, so she uses the wipes to clean her body on those other days when she changes clothes. She cannot stand to feel dirty, or think she smells, so she always has plenty of baby wipes with her on the road.

Respected Contributor

On Shark Tank a couple of weeks ago, Barbara Corcoran commented that she uses baby wipes to clean her cell phone, when a couple of guys were presenting their phonesoap product - which BTW Lori Greiner got on QVC at the speed of sound & presented I think it was on last Fri night. It's a gadget that cleans cells phones with UV.

Frequent Contributor

I use them for spot cleaning on clothes! (well, i do have to admit, i dont have expensive clothes) but they work great for my or my kids clothes if we, lets say, spill pizza or spag sauce on a tshirt. I will wipe with the baby wipe (right away) and most of the time (unless its a super big stain) it will come right out! Or even on the carpet. If any time i get some type of stain, where ever it is, i will always try the baby wipes first.

I always have wipes in my house and my kids are teens! And i buy the equate ones at walmart, with no perfumes. They are pretty inexpensive too.