Occasional Contributor

More decorating ideas and products for the home please.

When I first started buying from QVC, many years ago, they offered a lot of home decorating products.... baskets, lamps, quilts, lots of Northern Nights. I have bought Peterboro baskets, wall sconces, cuckoo clocks some really nice things. .... all kinds of things, even pretty dinnerware. They used to have a Victorian show I really loved. Now I rarely see any of that anymore. Valerie is the only one who offers any of that stuff, and her things are just so so. Now it's all fashion, makeup, cleaning supplies and such. Even the Christmas shows are boring now. In the past I got some really unique Christmas items from there. I miss the old days when I could find some pretty things for my home on the Q.

Honored Contributor

Re: More decorating ideas and products for the home please.

I absolutely agree with you. I miss some of the shows they used to offer and certainly think they could do a LOT more with home decor... They've cut back on rugs and lamps and almost never feature any furniture other than mattresses and Lazy Boy... Home decor consists of SO much more than mercury glass, 'lit' garland, vinyl ottomans, throws and kitschy knick-knacks...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I agree with you both! I still have and use wall sconces, two, King sized, all cotton quilts with shams, one for spring/summer, one for fall winter, Peterboro baskets in nearly every room, hand-carved wood, not resin, wall décor, Linda Dano's heavy wood, faux aged, tray, wall art, and bronze sculpture, a cozy, warm and lightweight down throw, and 4 fun, happy, all cotton quilted throws that were only $25-$45 each. Boyd's bears and accessories. Some items were real splurges at the time, since I was also going for my master's degree, but I'm so glad I bought them. I couldn't replace them now at twice the price!

Occasional Contributor

OMGosh...I posted about this at Christmas time.....I have shopped QVC since 1989, in the days of Boyd's Bears, Fenton Glass, Peterboro baskets, Quilts, MI Hummels, Tiffany lamps, Maxx NY purses, etc..... Those days are so long gone, no USA made items, everything is made in QVC overseas factories for their brand name. I rarely purchase much anymore as I can find better made item online with a little searching. Such a shame, QVC was great in the old days.
Honored Contributor

There are tons of companies on line where one can buy anything imaginable, and the majority are free shipping. For those items that have been discontinued or hard to find, there is always ebay.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly, you can shop for home goods in dozens of stores and all over the internet. There are thousands of choices out there and no reason to wait for QVC to offer what you're looking for! Shop around and have fun -- and you'll probably find better merchandise, better prices, and more affordable S&H.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/7/2015 GoodStuff said:

Honestly, you can shop for home goods in dozens of stores and all over the internet. There are thousands of choices out there and no reason to wait for QVC to offer what you're looking for! Shop around and have fun -- and you'll probably find better merchandise, better prices, and more affordable S&H.

try home goods and marshalls..and always ebay which is usually free shipping and no tax.. these ladies/gentlemen who sell should include s&h plus taxes when they do their sales pitch..very deceptive practice!

Occasional Contributor

On 2/7/2015 vera11 said:
On 2/7/2015 GoodStuff said:

try home goods and marshalls..and always ebay which is usually free shipping and no tax.. these ladies/gentlemen who sell should include s&h plus taxes when they do their sales pitch..very deceptive practice!

I am no longer able to shop like I once was due to health issues. That's why I shop QVC. Some things I don't mind buying used. EBay is a gamble, especially if they don't accept returns. I do love Home Goods, but I don't get to go often. They pretty much have replaced QVC for my household shopping needs.

Honored Contributor

I just got the Country Door catalog the other day and had to put it down. I want everything in there.

There was a thread on here not too long ago with lists of online/catalog places that people like for home decor and decorating ideas.

Let me see if I can find it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Here is the thread:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/for-the-home-talk/topic/455793/what-are-your-favorite-catalogs-for-h...

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN