Super Contributor

Another day, another toilet-related presenation on QVC

Have a furniture-refinishing project and was hoping to use QVC as background to entertain me while I work. Of course, what do my ears behold but David and the host extolling the virtues of "green gobbler" drain opener -- "great on that toilet in the powder room when your toilet's clogged, your guests are on the way and you're panicking."

Good lord, is this what passes for hot merchandise these days? Maybe they can offer a combo gift packet with Poo-Pourri, Green Gobbler and perhaps a doggie do scooper. Or a giant bale of Depends, or that Potty Squatty toilet step-stool that Larry King is touting these days. Maybe he'd even make a guest appearance!

Ugh, the simulated "bathroom clog" as seen through a glass pipe even features Cheerios!

I guess judging by the products emphasized, the average QVC viewer these days is sitting there with inch-thick calluses on their feet, awash in bathroom odors and drowning in Keurig-brewed coffee yet nevertheless such a valiant hostess that they need their 100th piece of Temptations and LockNLock.

Makes one long for the days of cashmere scarves, eelskin wallets and actual 14k gold.

Super Contributor

Re: Another day, another toilet-related presenation on QVC

They should have borrowed Dr. Oz's fake rubber poop that is used on the Dr. Oz show...
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/31/2015 Cinder63 said:

Good lord, is this what passes for hot merchandise these days? Maybe they can offer a combo gift packet with Poo-Pourri, Green Gobbler and perhaps a doggie do scooper. Or a giant bale of Depends, or that Potty Squatty toilet step-stool that Larry King is touting these days. Maybe he'd even make a guest appearance!

I guess judging by the products emphasized, the average QVC viewer these days is sitting there with inch-thick calluses on their feet, awash in bathroom odors and drowning in Keurig-brewed coffee yet nevertheless such a valiant hostess that they need their 100th piece of Temptations and LockNLock.

Makes one long for the days of cashmere scarves, eelskin wallets and actual 14k gold.

Cinder--Thanks for the laughs! You pretty much covered it all. I just hope the Q buyers are not reading this. I too, miss Precious Fibers cashmere, Lee Sands and real gold shows. Time for me to get away from my Dell, pull out the Dyson, crank up the Bose and put a dish of food in Temptations into the oven and wait for it to crack! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Saturday morning q always has a wide variety of items.
Honored Contributor

Why do I think the complaints are going to the wrong people?

Seems to be the problem isn't that QVC keeps showing these things - it's that people keep buying them. Why do they do that!

Esteemed Contributor

Because I need another Clarisonic?!

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 Cinder63 said:

Ugh, the simulated "bathroom clog" as seen through a glass pipe even features Cheerios!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol} Oh, this is too funny!

Trusted Contributor

It isn't just QVC. lol Don't you enjoy having the tv on for that background, you grab something to eat after a busy /hectic day , then get to hear about mucus, yeast infections, ED, and all the possible side -effects that can occur with the medication . {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Or a hospital/medical center commercial comes on and shows a "procedure " being done.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Is there anything safe to watch that is "yuk -proof" entertainment? I know all this exists in everyday life, but I don't want to constantly witness it.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

We have music channels with our cable programming and I enjoy light classical music for background. Much better than hearing or seeing clogged drains, dry feet, and toilet odor. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is reaching the pandemic stage.

Noted a story yesterday on G. Paltrow extolling the virtues of "V-steaming."

Yes, THAT "V" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Who knew that washing was no longer enough. Now, it must be steamed.

So, along with all the other items, I'm sure it is just a matter of time before we have all day marathons for V-steamers.