Trusted Contributor

There have been a lot of issues nationwide with wages at Wal-Mart stores. Here's an interesting fact: The Walton family that owns Wal-Mart, owns more wealth than the bottom 40% of the American population. Do you shop here?

Respected Contributor
Target's x-CEO received more in his severance package ($61 mil) than all 17,000 workers combined who lost their jobs when Target closed all their Canadian stores. It's good to be king
Esteemed Contributor

What! And I thought John boy and his family were dirt poor?

Respected Contributor

Yes, I'm going there right now.

Contributor

What's wrong with being rich?{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I would love to be that rich. As for the workers, they can work somewhere else if they don't like it.

Valued Contributor
We never shop there,kinda of like our own protest, they are so controversial with wages ,male vs female issues and other issues if we have to we would spend more, thankfully market basket is right here!
Super Contributor

People are free to work where they choose. Nobody is forcing someone to work at Wal-Mart.

Honored Contributor

There is nothing wrong with being rich for sure. It isn't a sin, doesn't make someone a bad person, wealth, health and happiness are blessings.

I NEVER go to Wal Mart unless I need something I can't find elsewhere. I hate WalMart because they ran out local businesses.

WalMart itself has done nothing evil. The American people are wild about it, love it, are thrilled to save a penny and shop there, and most are very supportive of the stores.

WalMart is there because people in this country, most people, love it and shop there. Period. Don't blame WalMart. I don't like the company, but people support it, so there you go.

Regular Contributor
On 1/31/2015 Sooner said:

There is nothing wrong with being rich for sure. It isn't a sin, doesn't make someone a bad person, wealth, health and happiness are blessings.

I NEVER go to Wal Mart unless I need something I can't find elsewhere. I hate WalMart because they ran out local businesses.

WalMart itself has done nothing evil. The American people are wild about it, love it, are thrilled to save a penny and shop there, and most are very supportive of the stores.

WalMart is there because people in this country, most people, love it and shop there. Period. Don't blame WalMart. I don't like the company, but people support it, so there you go.

No different than Home Depot and Lowes running out the mom/pop hardware stores.

Honored Contributor

Their food prices have increased considerably in the past month, and I now shop elsewhere

♥Surface of the Sun♥