Honored Contributor

I have been watching a new - at least to me - TV show on Hallmark channel called "Sew it all". They demo making a project every day - today was a tote bag. I have really been enjoying this show. It is also on line at sew it all.com and you can watch episodes all the way through. it really inspires me. Here where I live , it is on at 1PM weekdays. I generally do not watch much TV during the day - i have no interest in talk shows - but this show is wonderful. I need a trip to the fabric store!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't say enjoy. Sometimes I do sew things out of necessity. The last time I made anything was my Mother of the bride dress in 2003 for my younger daughter's wedding. I simply could not find anything in the stores at the time. Years ago I made some maternity tops and some clothes for our children. I sometimes alter things to make them fit better. The most recent was a purple leather skirt. I'm uneasy about working with leather, but I can do it.

Honored Contributor

Needling other people can be fun.

Trusted Contributor
NO! Alas, my Niece is the only relative that I can think of, that sews, or is at all "crafty". She's very into scrap booking, and has done some, really beautiful, family scrapbooks. I hated sewing, in Home Ec, at school, though, I enjoyed cooking, hmmmm! As an adult, I never had any interest in sewing, though, I admire people that sew, knit, crochet To be honest, even I had the skills, I'd have a hard time, finding the time.
Trusted Contributor

I started sewing many years ago and used to make all of my own clothes. Then, except for things like curtains, I stopped for a long time.

Over the past three years, I've taken up machine embroidery and have started to take quilting classes. Don't think I'll ever be interested in garment sewing again.

Looked for the show, and couldn't find it on Hallmark. And, the only way to view online was to buy a subscription.

I did check out the website and it says that it is on many PBS channels, but it isn't on any in our area. Too bad. It looks interesting.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I enjoy sewing. I'm not great at it, don't like to have to follow a pattern. It's like a math problem & my mind can't handle it. LOL I guess I do crafty sewing. Curtains, shower curtains, pillows, costumes, things that I can make easily without too much of a pattern.

Respected Contributor
Thanks for the heads up ! I will check it out......I love to sew ....DH knows if I'm not home, I'll probably be at the fabric store . (;
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Azcowgirl said: Thanks for the heads up ! I will check it out......I love to sew ....DH knows if I'm not home, I'll probably be at the fabric store . (;
I used to have a fabric store nearby and I was always there. But now it is 25 miles away and in a heavy traffic, congested area. I love the store but hate the drive there. I have some friends who sew and we sometimes make the pilgramage to the fabric store together.
Honored Contributor

Thanks, I will have to try and watch. I like to sew, back in the day I made a lot of clothes. My mom was a beautiful seamstress and did nice hand work, as well as smocking by hand.

I need to see the segment on making a tote, I purchased fabric several years ago to make one and I got it cut out, got thru a couple of steps, read thru the rest of the instructions and folded it back up.....I felt overwhelmed.

Honored Contributor
My grandmother was a seamstress and taught everything she knew to my mother, but that's where it ended. I can sew if I had to, but I can't say that I enjoy it. I went through a phase where I made some quilts, but haven't touched it since.