Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone had any of their Luminara candles begin blinking?

I thought the batteries might be low, so I changed them, but it continued to blink.

I'm returning the set of votives today (just inside the extended holiday return policy), but I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed in the performance of the candles. They should have more than a few months of life without going haywire.

Not sure I'll be purchasing any more of these candles if this is going to be a problem.

Honored Contributor

Witchy woman... Mine started blinking rapidly but stopped when I inserted new batteries. Yours sound defective.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

My older ones do that when they need batteries. I just got some of the newer ones over Christmas but haven't had to replace batteries yet. I just thought they did that when batteries were low.

Super Contributor

I have a few Luminaras and mine don't blink. When mine need new batteries, they just go out. If they do blink, I've never noticed them. I also notice that they don't use up batteries at the same time. Sometimes I will put new batteries in both of the lanterns I have, but one will go out and need new batteries about a week before the other one does. I don't know why that is!

It sounds like if your candles are blinking there is something wrong with them. I'd send them back for refund or get a replacement and try again.

Witchy, don't give up on Luminara as a brand due to this experience, the ones I have are lovely and very nice. I enjoy mine quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

I have many luminara candles, some take C batteries and some take D batteries. They all blink when the batteries are low. Sorry to hear your remains blinking when you replace the batteries.

Regular Contributor
Yes I had two in the hurricane glass jar. First one blinked like it was a disco. Replaced batteries and still blinked. Returned for replacement. Second one did same and went back
Esteemed Contributor

The blinking votive has been returned as of yesterday. It was one of the votives using 2 AA batteries.

As I said, it continued to blink after I changed batteries so back it went. Hopefully, it will be replaced with a new set of votives. I wrote a note and taped it to the candle and wrote an explanation on the return form.

I noted the votives were back in stock so, if I'm lucky, I'll get a return of 4 new votives.

I'm not sure I'll buy any more of these candles. I purchased some larger ones from Kohl's over the holidays and that may be it for awhile.

They are just too expensive to have them going bad after a few months.