Valued Contributor

Question for my Home Forum friends that is not home related

We just subscribed to the Hopper from Dish Network and now receive an HD signal. I thought QVC was in HD now but it does not show that on our guide? Does anyone know if QVC is offered in HD?

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for my Home Forum friends that is not home related

Hi malleo.......I too have the Hopper and on mine QVC does not come in HD. Unfortunately I have noticed that some channels say HD but are not wide screened. There are a lot of things that you should enjoy with having the Hopper. Enjoy your new Hopper!

Trusted Contributor

Mallermo, I'm not sure about Dish Network, but I have DirectTV, and I do get QVC in HD. I'm not sure if the HD offering is by region or if the channels differ based on where you live.

Honored Contributor

QVC is not available in HD in my area with Dish. I have no idea why.

QVC Plus is available on Dish.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the replies! I'm thinking that maybe Dish does not offer the shopping channels in HD at this time because none of them are showing up in HD. No big deal, I was just curious. I think the Hopper will be a fun thing to have.

luvsbulldogs...I have not had much time to experiment with the Hopper yet but I understand you can watch one channel and record one or more different channels at the same time?

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 mallemo said:

Thank you for the replies! I'm thinking that maybe Dish does not offer the shopping channels in HD at this time because none of them are showing up in HD. No big deal, I was just curious. I think the Hopper will be a fun thing to have.

luvsbulldogs...I have not had much time to experiment with the Hopper yet but I understand you can watch one channel and record one or more different channels at the same time?

Hi mallemo........the Hopper will automatically record the Prime time channels every night. So if you missed something it is there for several weeks for you to see. If you want you can save it so that you can watch it when you want to. Besides recording the main channels and you watching something you can also record 4 more channels at the same time totaling 6. When not viewing at prime time you can watch one channel and at the same time record 5.

To view what has been recorded click on the DVR button on your remote. There you will see Prime Time at the upper left. Click on that and you will see all that was recorded for you. If you click on a program it will give you options and one is to save. If you click on that it will save it for you. Now to watch what you have saved or to see what you have saved do the same thing. Click on the DVR button and you will see the Prime Time shows in your upper left corner and what you have recorded or saved there on the screen also. To get back to regular TV or programing just click on the button that says View Live TV. I hope that this has helped you.

Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 luvsbulldogs said:

Hi mallemo........the Hopper will automatically record the Prime time channels every night. So if you missed something it is there for several weeks for you to see. If you want you can save it so that you can watch it when you want to. Besides recording the main channels and you watching something you can also record 4 more channels at the same time totaling 6. When not viewing at prime time you can watch one channel and at the same time record 5.

To view what has been recorded click on the DVR button on your remote. There you will see Prime Time at the upper left. Click on that and you will see all that was recorded for you. If you click on a program it will give you options and one is to save. If you click on that it will save it for you. Now to watch what you have saved or to see what you have saved do the same thing. Click on the DVR button and you will see the Prime Time shows in your upper left corner and what you have recorded or saved there on the screen also. To get back to regular TV or programing just click on the button that says View Live TV. I hope that this has helped you.

Yes, thank you so much for all this info. It has helped very much. Just having it explained in normal language is a big plus!

Honored Contributor

Channel 103 has a half-hour program on tips and tricks about the system. There are so many features that I thought it was worth it to watch.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 luvsbulldogs said:

Yes, thank you so much for all this info. It has helped very much. Just having it explained in normal language is a big plus!

Glad I could be of some help. Brii mentioned channel 103 to watch and that is a great idea. Enjoy your Hopper!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is in HD with Fios (we also have an old non-HD, non digital TV that receives the "old" type of signal). Also HD on the laptop.

Cogito ergo sum