Honored Contributor

Easter is so early this year - will that influence your decorating?

After reading mominohio's thread I felt a little better! Our decorations are down, and the birdies in the back yard are enjoying hiding in our trees, but not all of the boxes are in the basement yet! The snowmen are half out so I have to finish them (I have a LOT of snowmen). I'm thinking about putting Valentine's out next weekend, and then taking that down in a few weeks for Easter (probably the end of February). What are your plans? We're supposed to get hit with a bad storm this weekend and into next week - if it goes along the coast! Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Easter is so early this year - will that influence your decorating?

Will take down my snowman and snowflake decorations this weekend. I only have a few Valentine's things to set out. Easter stuff will go up in the middle of March so I think the shamrock decorations won't get used this year.

Super Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 AuntG said:

Will take down my snowman and snowflake decorations this weekend. I only have a few Valentine's things to set out. Easter stuff will go up in the middle of March so I think the shamrock decorations won't get used this year.

I think I like your idea about the middle of March. Like you, I only have a few Valentine's and St. Pat's Day decorations, so it's not hard to put those around. If I wait until mid-March for Easter, I'll have a few more weeks for snowmen. And the weather here will cooperate with that - it always does! Then I can leave almost all of the Easter decorations up after Easter weekend, because we will be celebrating Spring! Wink

Valued Contributor

My snowmen stay out through February. Then I get out Easter/Spring regardless of when Easter is. Fall is still my favorite time to decorate.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 ceekay said:

My snowmen stay out through February. Then I get out Easter/Spring regardless of when Easter is. Fall is still my favorite time to decorate.

Mine too!

Honored Contributor

LOL...nope. Already decorated for Spring/Summer! I understand everyone moves to the beat of their own drummer when it comes to when they change out their decorations from season to season and/or holiday to holiday. This subject is brought up quite often in fact.

I decorate early for Spring/Summer because I have so many irons in the fire...so to speak from now through til about the beginning of June...arranging our station in the basement for winter sowing seeds, then potting & re-potting as time progresses into Spring, hardening off plants, preparing gardens, feeding birds (we feed the Robins mealworms here from the beginning of March-September)...so that takes up a lot of time too...blah, blah, blah...lol.

Being able to get decorating out of the way helps me out...one less thing to do. Additionally, there are a few other benefits...I clean/freshen up/purge as I do it as well. As I mentioned in another thread, it is also like a breath of fresh air seeing new/different decor.

I decorate for the fall the 1st week of August and the day after Thanksgiving for the holidays Smile

Super Contributor

What decorating?
Respected Contributor

I don't really do much for Valentine's Day and nothing for St. Patrick's Day. I usually put out my Easter items in late March/early April because that seems like the start of spring to me. My bunnies aren't specifically Easter bunnies so I think they can stay out past Easter. What do you think?

Super Contributor

Not at all. The only holiday/seasonal decorating I do is for Christmas and that's entirely dependent on my travels.