New Contributor

Has anyone heard if Valerie Parr Hill is going to bring back the Illuninated Holiday Scenes Under Glass?

My sister has one and my sister in law and myself both want one.

Missy Sue

Honored Contributor

Ask Valerie on Facebook...I'm sure she will reply

Regular Contributor

Someone did ask her on her facebook page and she said they would be back for the holiday season.

Trusted Contributor
I almost purchased the Hobnail goblets, but she said that the lights inside only got 40 hours of glow time. Since they're on a 5 hour timer, so that means you'd have to change the batteries every 8 days! Really?
Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said: I almost purchased the Hobnail goblets, but she said that the lights inside only got 40 hours of glow time. Since they're on a 5 hour timer, so that means you'd have to change the batteries every 8 days! Really?

Yes ...Maybe Val misspoke. If each goblet takes 3 AAA batteries and they only last 40 hours....OMG !!!

Trusted Contributor
On 1/22/2015 DREAMON said:
On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said: I almost purchased the Hobnail goblets, but she said that the lights inside only got 40 hours of glow time. Since they're on a 5 hour timer, so that means you'd have to change the batteries every 8 days! Really?

Yes ...Maybe Val misspoke. If each goblet takes 3 AAA batteries and they only last 40 hours....OMG !!!

Later on she mentioned that another product had 40 DAYS of glow time, so maybe she misspoke about the Hobnails. I keep wanting to say Hob Nob, btw. LOL!
Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said:
On 1/22/2015 DREAMON said:

Later on she mentioned that another product had 40 DAYS of glow time, so maybe she misspoke about the Hobnails. I keep wanting to say Hob Nob, btw. LOL!

I suggest for someone to post on VPH's FB page for her to clarify...and ask about the goblets...so then only 8 (5 hrs each day) days? Or did you mean 40 days? I say this because if it is for only 8 days, IMO, I believe VPH needs to know from more than just a few folks that the amount of time before having to change/recharge is way too short.

I already mentioned on her FB page a few times last year about the battery life issue on a few different products, but there just doesn't seem to be enough 'squeak' to get the wheel a good greasing...so to speak.

Remember, JMO and I really am trying to help Smile

Trusted Contributor
In the most recent presentation, which you can see on the product page, she didn't mention the glow time at all.
Honored Contributor
Usually if glow time isn't listed, it isn't good. Unless it's listed, I usually pass.
Trusted Contributor
Something else that I'm curious about is why she calls this hobnail. The only hobnail pattern that I've seen is with round bumps on the outside of the glass. This pattern looks honeycomb and looks like indentations rather than raised bumps.