Honored Contributor

Still packing up Christmas, need a little boost!

Usually Christmas is packed up as soon as kiddo is back in school after the holidays. Well, this year, we had a week of snow days, then I got a nasty virus for a week. Now I'm at the tail end of trying to get all the decor back in the closet. Almost done, but actually thought it might last till Valentines!!!!

Give me a shout out to get back upstairs and finish totally before bedtime. I really don't want to go to sleep tonight till it is all done!

Kitchen seasonal dishes will have to wait a couple more days (ugh!).

Thanks in advance for the support!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Still packing up Christmas, need a little boost!

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I've been doing it the last 3 days and am almost finished. About 20 minutes of work left. It does feel good when it's all done. You can do it!

Respected Contributor

Take it easy on yourself - don't want to get sick again, it will still be there!

Esteemed Contributor

We still have our Christmas tree up. We haven't turned on the lights since Sunday. Everything else is put away.

Trusted Contributor

Gee, this really made me feel better to not be the only one.

I'm still draggin behind with a few items that go upstairs in the Christmas closet !

My plan is to be finished putting it up by the week-end. I had my son visiting with us here since the week before Christmas for a month, so that's been my excuse...but the bad part is I didn't even fully decorate !

deja vu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the same boat and am so happy ai didn't put up the tree this year. Yesterday I packed a few things and today I did the same. Tomorrow I'm starting the huge part, pulling everything out of containers and downsizing, this ,ay take a few days but I'm envisioning that part of the garage being nice and neat. Now if I could just get DH to get rid of his junk. Good luck!
Respected Contributor

Don't feel bad. Everything here is sitting down in the basement awaiting me patiently. It is such a chore, and I am just not motivated to get down there. I probably could do a "half fast" job and take care of it in less than an hour but I hate doing things that way.

Honored Contributor

I've decided to leave my tree up through March. I turn it on as soon as I get up in the morning, and leave it on all day. My family is all for leaving it up for the entire year again, as I did to celebrate my first year of retirement.
Esteemed Contributor

Be easy on yourself. There's nothing etched in concrete that says Christmas has to be put away at a certain time. Heck, the winter is long once Christmas is over, so take your time. I always tell myself it'll still be there in the morning. And it always is. Glad you are feeling better ~ healthwise.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I can't even imagine still having my Christmas things out. Not in my wildest dreams. Glad you're feeling better mominohio.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?