Honored Contributor

Anyone buy anything from Plow & Hearth?

I couldn't resist the bicycle spinner for up at our camp this summer. I also liked the leaves on the mobile but resisted and kept it to one purchase.

Due to HOA rules I can't decorate here at our house so I go a little crazy when we get to camp. Anything goes there. Last summer much of our decor items had gotten old and faded so we threw everything out in the fall. This year will be time to introduce some new items, starting with the bike.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone buy anything from Plow & Hearth?

I haven't ordered anything, but I like Plow & Hearth. I really liked the bicycle spinner.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Last year, I made a direct purchase from Plow & Hearth. I bought an Obelisk. I like it so much that I'm thinking about ordering another this spring. I'm still thinking about a spinner.

Honored Contributor

Not me...

I don't like wind spinners or even chimes outside. The few we have I have hanging in our kitchen and livingroom. I'm sure that makes no sense to most folks, but since we feed the birds and encourage them to nest nearby in the Spring/Summer, we don't want things like that deterring them from coming around.

The only thing I bought today was a set of 3 gloves...the green/blue/gray set (M46245). We really don't need anything this year Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Susan Louise said:

Not me...

I don't like wind spinners or even chimes outside. The few we have I have hanging in our kitchen and livingroom. I'm sure that makes no sense to most folks, but since we feed the birds and encourage them to nest nearby in the Spring/Summer, we don't want things like that deterring them from coming around.

The only thing I bought today was a set of 3 gloves...the green/blue/gray set (M46245). We really don't need anything this year Smile

When we lived in Pa I never had any decor in the back yard except flowers because we fed the birds and enjoyed the wildlife. But I would put a few things out in the front yard.

Where we live now we are limited to 2 items and DH likes to fly a flag every day so that is one and I put out a small painted welcome slate as the other. We live in a duplex and my elderly neighbor lets me decorate her yard so I have a stand holding a garden flag over there, and a solar light dragonfly in a plant between our houses. She always comments how much she enjoys that I put out decor. I try to encourage her to let me know if she doesn't like something so I can change it.

Honored Contributor

I only have one small wind spinner and small wind chimes. I feed, water and house the birds and these things don't seem to deter them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 NickNack said:

I only have one small wind spinner and small wind chimes. I feed, water and house the birds and these things don't seem to deter them.

We feed the birds right up to our home. When I had the chimes and wind spinners out when I 1st bought them, the birds just would not come around those areas I placed them in the backyard. If one's yards are large enough, of coarse it probably won't matter. Our home sits on less than 1/5th of an acre...divide that into 3 parts (2 yards - front and back and a house), and then you can determine how small our yards are. Anywhere I place a spinner or chimes would be in a bad spot. We don't want them in the gardens because we want the birds there. We have bird houses around the area too.

I can't put them in the front yard because they will be stolen.

Trusted Contributor

I have bought from the catalog, not QVC. They have very nice quality items.
Honored Contributor

I bought two animal side tables, cat and owl. I already have the horse, and it is wonderful.

Respected Contributor

I always check their store's clearance items. Best deal yet was a ceramic Oriental garden stool in dark green for $30. It sits by the great room's glass fireplace.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill