Valued Contributor

Question about holiday returns

Does anyone know if the return has to be actually back to QVC by 1/31/15 or just postmarked by then? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about holiday returns

This is what the policy says.

<h4>Do you offer an extended return policy during the holidays?</h4>

Yes! You can shop with confidence this holiday season. Any gift you purchase from September 20, 2014 through December 23, 2014 at Noon ET can be returned for any reason for a full refund until January 31, 2015. Learn about our standard return policy.

I have no idea exactly what that means but if you know you need to return something, I'd get it returned and not wait to find out. My guess would be it needs to be postmarked by Jan. 31 but I don't know that for sure.

Honored Contributor

I sent back something purchased late in the day on the 19th of Sept and had thought I heard the host say it was ok for holiday shipping! WELL, NOT! They shipped it BACK to me! LOL!! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

SO be sure about your date and time zone or you'll get kick back too!

Contributor

To be on the safe side, call customer service and let them know you will be returning the gift; then, be sure and use QVC's prepaid label (making sure the P.O. scans it into the system). Of course, get it back as quickly as possible. There should be no problem.

If the gift was for someone out of town, causing a delay in getting the label to them, etc., QVC will be very understanding, even if it is mailed on the 31st of Jan. Just be sure and inform them and follow their instructions. Their Customer Service is very accommodating if they are made aware, IMHO and based on my experience.

Geranium

Honored Contributor

If you know you are going to return it by now - why not just get it back there right away then you don't have to worry ?

Respected Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Sooner said:

I sent back something purchased late in the day on the 19th of Sept and had thought I heard the host say it was ok for holiday shipping! WELL, NOT! They shipped it BACK to me! LOL!! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

SO be sure about your date and time zone or you'll get kick back too!

Wow, that's surprising, Sooner. I had read here that they will take late returns, but you just won't get the shipping reimbursed. I've never done it, though.

I had several returns recently and I sent them all in one box via FedEx Ground. It was cheaper than doing individual returns, and I didn't want to risk using their return label with multiple items. I included a letter listing the various items I was including.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 happy housewife said:

If you know you are going to return it by now - why not just get it back there right away then you don't have to worry ?

Because: You might be of town; you don't have the gift back from the recipient yet; you have the flu; you need to get something to mail it in because the original got pitched out; you are unsure whether it is going to be kept or not; your kid is sick; you are working an odd shift for awhile; you are old and have trouble getting things done, etc. etc.