Contributor

Dyson TSV Does IT Work As Advertised?

I now people are sic of all the Dysons being sold,but I need something light weight to use on steps, and general hardwood floor clean up. I have a bad back and getting my canister up and down is getting harder. I just want to now if this is a waste of money or would be a real help. it isn't cheap,but my Miele cost $800 7 years ago so I guess it is relative.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dyson TSV Does IT Work As Advertised?

I had two Kirby's for over 25 plus years and loved them. I have German Shepherd dogs in addition to kids, etc. I finally purchased my first Dyson about five years ago and then got a second Dyson this year. I needed something lighter because of my back and knees but my cleaning needs did not change. I have multiple floor surfaces so the ability to go from room to room without a hassle was key for me. I looked at the Dyson for many years before I finally made my purchased. The warranty is better than most so I took a chance. This vacuum works great! It gets out dog hair, dirt, sand, whatever from deep down in the carpet and picks up fine particles from my hardwood floors as well. It does not scratch my hard floor surfaces from ceramic, marble, etc. It is so easy to empty the bin on these models and the hose wand extends the full length of my stairway. That was important to me. I was way beyond trying to balance the vacuum and me on the stairway while getting it clean. I also was over having to vacuum the stairway from both the upstairs and the downstairs because the hose did not reach. The move ability of the cleaning head is terrific. I can get around table legs, etc so much closer than with the straight edge of the traditional vacuums. I am very pleased with the two that I have and they certainly get a work out at our home. For my needs it is money well spent. I don't like to repeat buy. When I make a purchase I want that purchase to last for years. I don't want to have rebuy that item within the next two years minimum. The Dyson works great for our needs.

Super Contributor

Re: Dyson TSV Does IT Work As Advertised?

I think your whole review boils down to your last 5 words and I just returned one because it was like moving a tank on flooring. For some reason the dyson engineers decided to disable the ball movement with no brush rotation.

I replaced it with a Shark powered lift away and that one really ""works great for our needs""

Of course I am curious about the Lithium powered Dyson so I will review it when it comes to my other home.