Super Contributor

QVC selling outdated Suze Orman kits that crash computers

QVC did not include the system requirements for the Suze Orman organize and protect financial systems. I read the reviews and decided not to install mine - people were complaining their systems crashed.

I emailed customer service and here is what they provided

Vista
Windows 98/2000/Me/XP
Pentium II 233Mhz
128 MB RAM (32 MB free RAM)
800 x 600 resolution
16-bit high color
8MB CD-ROM drive
28.8 KBPS modem, or faster
16-bit SoundBlaster-compatible sound card and speakers
printer
    They didn't even apologize for not including it or offer free shipping to return.    
    NO on sells computers with those old operating systems. This is appaling but I am not surprised at either QVC or Orman. They apparently wanted to push out old merchandise.    
    NOT HAPPY. SHAME ON QVC AND SUZE.    
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC selling outdated Suze Orman kits that crash computers

I hope you don't mind that I re-posted this on the Electronics Forum. I have one of Suze's systems I bought a couple of years ago and unfortunately, never installed it. This has made me unsure whether or not it will work on my computer, which is actually a five year old Dell. It might well be fine, but I'm not a "techie", so I posted it on the other forum because there are a lot of really knowledgeable people there who can be very helpful.

Thanks for posting it, because I wouldn't want my computer to crash. I don't need the hassle and expense of buying another one right now. Just hope you don't mind that I did that. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

Yowser - not good.

Fortunately I'm not going to buy that kit anyhow - even my old computer is newer than XP!

What I did find out just this week is that until I get a newer computer, I can't get my free credit reports on line from whichever company I tried - already my software (7.0) is too outdated for them to send it. I'd have to go the snail mail path! Amazing what all these financial people do to us that makes no financial sense!

Esteemed Contributor

This is the type of product one would fine in a bin marked "clearance" or "final markdown" at a Fry's store. I couldn't believe what I was reading and that QVC had purposefully pulled the wool over their customers' eyes with an outdated product worth about two cents.

Not only would I NOT purpose any Orman product even if I purpchased a new computer to accommodate her program(s), I'd write the CEO of QVC, the folks at Suze Orman and also get in touch with Consumer Affairs, as you were sold a lemon. There are lemon laws to protect consumers.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I decided to buy a Suze Orman kit. Not sure which one it was now, but it immediately put a virus on my computer when the CD started to load. It scared the heck out of me. My computer has good protection on it but it messed it up so bad I had to factory reset it. I returned it with a letter regarding this. I also called Customer Service when I returned it. They couldn't believe it. I never bought another one. I thought it was just the batch that mine was sent from. I never heard anything from the company that the letter should have went to either.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/18/2015 sfnative said:

This is the type of product one would fine in a bin marked "clearance" or "final markdown" at a Fry's store. I couldn't believe what I was reading and that QVC had purposefully pulled the wool over their customers' eyes with an outdated product worth about two cents.

Not only would I NOT purpose any Orman product even if I purpchased a new computer to accommodate her program(s), I'd write the CEO of QVC, the folks at Suze Orman and also get in touch with Consumer Affairs, as you were sold a lemon. There are lemon laws to protect consumers.

This is what happened to me when I ordered a Dell laptop a few months ago, listening to Rick saying "this is the absolute latest technology Dell has", and it turned out to be an Intel Celeron Processor! I tried to cancel it, but after three days, QVC apparently couldn't do it, so I refused it when the UPS man brought it. I'll never order electronics from QVC again.

Trusted Contributor

The software may actually work with no problems as most updates to the Windows OS are backwards compatible. While I agree tht this appears to be older software, that does not mean that QVC or Suze Orman are being deceptive or that this is causing computers to crash. Without proof that this software will crash computers, the claims are ludicrous and ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't recommend any of Suze's things anyway. They seem to be common-sense stuff wrapped in slick marketing.

Honored Contributor

Now you know how Suze gets rich.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I re-posted this on the electronics forum, and from what some of the "techies" have said, the specs listed above are apparently the minimum requirements to run this software. Even reading reviews of computers crashing, it would be hard to verify that it was the fault of this software. Lots of info over on the Electronics Forum.