Esteemed Contributor

Favorite iron? Eurosteam, Rowenta, or other brand?

I've been thinking about buying an iron. The Eurosteam demos look impressive, but the reviews on QVC's website aren't very good. My mom likes her Rowenta. Which brand/model do you recommend? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite iron? Eurosteam, Rowenta, or other brand?

Never tried eurostesm - love my Rowenta.

Respected Contributor

Definitely Rowenta - I wouldn't use anything else. Yeeears ago - my first Rowenta - I didn't like it because it was so heavy. When it conked out I went back to Sunbeam and hated it. I do a ton of ironing. The heaviness of the Rowenta makes you press down less - less work for us.

Honored Contributor

Rowenta here, too. I'd get one of the 'Made in Germany' models. I think sometimes QVC has 'Made in China' models too, but I'd go with the other ones. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Rowenta. Also love my Rowenta steamer.

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2015 wildcat fan said: I've been thinking about buying an iron. The Eurosteam demos look impressive, but the reviews on QVC's website aren't very good. My mom likes her Rowenta. Which brand/model do you recommend? Thanks!

Mom knows best! Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Rowenta iron, and a steam generator for the big jobs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057ZG516/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=juicer4reviewpage-20

Super Contributor

I just go for the basics ... a Black & Decker steam iron I bought in 1990. I think I paid $10 for it.

Prior to that, I had a GE for about 25 years. They all do the same thing ... get the wrinkles out of my clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Nutmeg3, I've never seen a Rowenta steam generator. That's impressive!
Honored Contributor

I have a Rowenta. What's different about it from the regular box store brands, is the steam. I steam everything. I don't like to iron. It's true what they say about liking to iron after using it. I don't know that I'd get to the point of loving it, but I like ironing alot more than I did.