Respected Contributor
I am looking for a large natural fiber area rug. I am leaning toward seagrass, but now that I see jute, sisal, and blends I am becoming confused. Anyone here have any experience or pros and cons to share? Are there any online retailers you recommend ? Thank you.
Honored Contributor

Do you have pets?

Respected Contributor
On 1/18/2015 lolakimono said:

Do you have pets?

Yes, 2 small dogs.
Respected Contributor
On 1/18/2015 Abrowneyegirl said:
On 1/18/2015 lolakimono said:

Do you have pets?

Yes, 2 small dogs.

Hello? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

I haven't walked on seagrass or jute, but I don't like the way sisal feels under my feet. It's impossible to walk on barefoot. I like the way they all look.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I have a sisal rug in my main hall, over a hardwood floor. I love it. I got it from QVC (H176511) and I actually like the feel underfoot. It's a fairly tight weave. I have two big dogs (one is 100 lbs and one is 80, with fast-growing toenails); they traverse it all the time and it's held up great over the last year. Not a single snag or stain.

This one has a non-slip back and all I do to maintain it is vacuum. The texture is interesting. The pile is low, so where there is an outward swinging door, it doesn't get in the way.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I have a basketweave 8x10 seagrass in my LR. Love this rug, have had it for about 6 years now.

I wear flips inside my house so walking on it is not an issue for me. When I do walk on it with socks or barefoot it's not an unpleasant experience.

I have animals but only the cats are allowed free run of the house. And you know what cats do best--upchuck. I worried about getting this rug clean but amazingly, it does clean very easily. Stains were a concern, but so far it has proved to be easier to clean than my nylon area rugs--no stains at all. I just use Chlorox wipes afer thoroughly cleaning with Dawn & paper towels.

Also, I have not grown tired of the natural fiber look; worried about it as this type of rug seemed to be on trend for a while.

My rug looks like this one. Racked my brain trying to remember where I bought it, think I bought it here:

natural area rugs

SAGE

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the insight Ladies.

Whitelinen-thanks for the website, they have lots of options in large sizes! I have been on their site for the last 45 mins! Lots to look at.