Respected Contributor

Need Ideas - Those hollow things you put wine Corks in - What else can I use?

I got some "Letters" that are hollow for xmas, you are supposed to put wine corks in them, I don't drink wine so filling up 3 huge letters with wine corks would never happen.

What else could I use? My colors are very neutral, brown tones and such.

I would LOVE to hear your ideas, I'm not very crafty and can't think of anything and I've been thinking since xmas.

TIA for your help & Time, enjoy your weekend!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Ideas - Those hollow things you put wine Corks in - What else can I use?

They sell wine corks. Lol.
Contributor

Re: Need Ideas - Those hollow things you put wine Corks in - What else can I use?

What about river rocks, shells or small pinecones? Of if you are going to use the letters in your kitchen ... dry beans of different colors?

Respected Contributor

On 1/17/2015 DayzeeD said:

What about river rocks, shells or small pinecones? Of if you are going to use the letters in your kitchen ... dry beans of different colors?

these letter are OPEN, like hallow with nothing in front of them to "hold" something in them ? Hard to explain but I love ALL those ideas but all of those would just fall out with nothing to hold them in there, pinecones may work if I made sure it was a tight fit, would have to do the same thing with wine corks.

I didn't know you could buy wine corks? Where?

Honored Contributor

Can you post a picture of the letters? I can't picture what they would look like.

Edited to say never mind. I just googled it and found pictures on Pinterest. Really neat! I would buy the corks and use them that way. Amazon sells them. I don't know where you could find them locally, but I'll bet you could Google it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Amazon sells wine corks for craft projects, they also sell the letters.

ETA: Sorry NickNack, I didn't see your post. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Trusted Contributor

Honestly, I would most likely leave the letters empty as there is no "front cover" to keep items in there.

Reminds me of the large "M" on Mary Tyler Moore's apartment wall ~ pretty cool!

Respected Contributor

On 1/17/2015 kathoderay said:

Yes, this is exactly what they are. My brother got them for me as a xmas gift. I have them above my cabinets right now with my temptations - they look okay up there, just think they need something in them to complete the look!

Honored Contributor

I bought corks at Marshalls. I wonder if Hobby Lobby or a similar craft store would have them?