Super Contributor

Who has RETURNED a QVC Sleep Number Bed?

The bed comes in five boxes so if you want to return them, that's five different shipping fees. My question for those of you who have returned them is what shipping method did you use and how much did it cost?

I'm asking because a few nights ago my mother finally bought the $2,000 one from here but got nervous at the thought of having to send it (five different packages) back so she cancelled the order.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who has RETURNED a QVC Sleep Number Bed?

I have had a sleep number bed for 10 years. It was the first SN TSV on QVC and a bare bones model I must say. However, I love it and have never slept better in my entire life. I would love to upgrade but there is no need. I can't imagine you or anyone would want to return it.

You should have called QVC and asked them about returning it. The bed itself is air so it deflates and the platform it sits on comes apart and is light as a feather. The only heavy thing would be the pump machine itself.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a Sleep Number bed years ago -- not from QVC. However, my husband and I did not like this bed at all. It is now in an extra bedroom -- never slept on for the most part.

Respected Contributor

Do you have a Sleep Number bed store nearby? Your Mom could go there and try the different beds. The current special pricing bed here on the Q is almost identical to the I8 bed at the store. She could test it there.

I recently bought this one on the Q after parting with my old Sleep Number a little over a year ago. Thought I could adjust to a high quality innerspring, but I was wrong.

You could also call and talk to a Q customer service person and ask specifically about return costs.

Respected Contributor

I would never purchase something so large without trying it out first. But that's a good idea to call CS and ask about shipping return fees.

That being said, my husband and I slept on one while on vacation. I couldn't stand it and ended up in the other bed. We both had sore backs from the thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot imagine buying any mattress without trying it out first.
Esteemed Contributor

Why would anyone buy a bed, or electronic item, or large item from the Q? When I needed 3 mattress sets recently (for my spare rooms), I went over to my local mattress store and laid on the mattress, asked questions of the salesman, etc. 2 days later, the 3 mattress sets were delivered (free of charge and no taxes) and set up - 2 upstairs and 1 downstairs. I knew what I was getting - and the prices were low.

Go to ur local mattress stores - u can check Yelp.com to see the reviews. Go to Costco.com and check out their mattresses and read the reviews (or email or call their customer service for suggestions).

When shopping in a local store, u don't have to pay the price listed. It's negotiable - usually free shipping/no tax - if u ask for it.

Honored Contributor

We just bought a bed set and love it! We have needed to get a new mattress and box spring set for awhile now...finally getting rid of the set we got when we were married nearly 15 yrs ago. The set we got was a 'Serta Perfect Sleeper Kessner Super Pillowtop' purchased at a store locally

Respected Contributor

We have a Sleep Number bed purchased at the SN store in a mall. It's the best purchase we have ever made.

I don't know how someone could not like a Sleep Number bed. You can buy them with or without a soft pillowtop and allow the mattress to be as firm or soft as you like. It can be changed as often as needed. We only change our setting about 2 times a year at the most.

We had it assembled by the Sleep Number delivery guys. There were two of them and they put it together in quick unison. They said they assemble about 7 beds per day!!! It was worth the extra money for assembly.

Did I say we LOVE our Sleep Number bed?

Respected Contributor

I believe Radisson's Hotels have Sleep Number beds if you ask for a room with one. This is a good way to try out the bed first.

However, I believe it's the lowest end model so there is a definite difference in quality.