Super Contributor

Does anyone have these tables...I would like to know if you would give me your opinion on them.

Respected Contributor

I have one. I bought mine in Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I don't think it's all that sturdy. I've only had a small laptop on it and it's curved from the weight. It may be fine for just eating off of, but I was rather disappointed in the sturdiness of mine.

Respected Contributor

They are not very sturdy and cheap looking. Of course it's not expensive, but I would pass on buying one for sure.

My sister has one and I'm not impressed.

Trusted Contributor

I bought one a few years ago because I wanted to use it to eat from some of the time, if I were going to watch TV in my bedroom, and I also thought I could use it as a desktop in that room also. I wanted the adjustable tilt feature, if I wanted to use it as a drawing board.

Well, my table is so difficult to change to different slants, and difficult to fold up. It looked like a breeze when the vendor did it on TV, but it's just not the case.

I leave it open, but really, I didn't want to have to do that....putting it away when not in use was my original plan.

I will say, it is sturdy, and cleans up very nicely (I have white), but I wouldn't have bought it had I known it was going to be sitting out, open, in my room most of the time.

I think for the cost of it, there must be something better out there. I'm using it for now, but I have to come up with a better idea.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your honest opinions!

Respected Contributor

I bought one about ten years ago. I was stable and held up well. Like others have stated, it was hard to adjust the tilt. But I'm sure like most everything made these days that the new tablemates are inferior to the older models.

Honored Contributor

I've got two, one regular & one large. They are still working fine for me after many years. I'd buy again if I needed more.

Super Contributor
I find that it shakes and wobbles...spills my drink if I am not careful.
Contributor

We have two of them - bought last spring/summer. Basically we use them as TV trays to eat from. Living in a senior citizen apartment, we do at times tend to watch news and eat in front of the tv rather than sitting at our dining table. Just tried it out for my new laptop and it's not really that good for my laptop. But it's easy to put together and to store. If I needed more I'd definitely order more. I looked in B&M stores and could not find anything else approaching the reasonable price that these have.

Respected Contributor

I have both the original and the extra large. I love them. I agree that they are a little shaky, but I use one for a small laptop and the large for both my tablet and quick meals. They are just so darn convenient and certainly are as sturdy as any TV-tray type table. When not in use, I fold mine flat and slide it under the bed or put it in the back of the closet. I bought both of mine from QVC.