Frequent Contributor
Does anyone have an Ikea kitchen. I am thinking of getting one. Tell me what you think. If you have photos, can you post them?
Trusted Contributor
I don't have one, but there's a fabulous site (it's a message board) addressing varying topics from gardening to decorating to kitchens to plumbing and on and on. There are so many talented people on these boards and I'll bet there will be lots of people to respond to your question. You need to register for the site, but trust me, you'll be addicted once you so. It's www.gardenweb.com. Go to the forums and first ask your question on the decorating forum. You'll get lots of advice there including people possibly directing you to the kitchen forum. But I'd definitely go to that forum first. I think in the past I've seen posts about ikea kitchens. Good luck.
Super Contributor
We did one in an investment property we own. It was the most basic white kitchen but we bought nice countertops and a gorgeous country sink. It's a galley kitchen. With everything all in including appliances it cost about $7500. Local companies do the installation. We had awesome installers. The sale is great. They do charge for the designer to come out but you get that back when you buy the kitchen. Depending on how handy you are you can install it yourself. I adore that kitchen.
Valued Contributor

Hi, yes. We designed and installed one years ago (with some help). I think, for the $$, IKEA is a great option for kitchen re-design. Especially if you like more non-traditional decor. They have white, bead-board style cabinets, that are pretty plain and simple, and then you can add your color or other stuff to spice things up. I found it to be good quality. Do I think it would last 20 years? Probably not without some updates. They also do butcher block and other counters that are worth the $$, too. I know that assembling the cabinets, even with the help of our contractor, was a giant PIA. Just be prepared. IKEA does offer services where they can assemble and install, but that's an additional price, of course.

Would I get one again? Yes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I have new neighbors that are redoing the kitchen in the house they purchased for over $900,000. They put in Ikea cabinets and have a carpenter layers some expensive walnut over the top. They are still working on it but according to her everything at Ikea is dirt cheap.

Contributor

I have a small 12 x 15 kitchen and redid it in IKEA in 2010. The cost of the cabinets, drawers and hardware was a little over $6,000.00. I got the medium brown, but wish I had gotten white, but too late now! Included with the cabinets was a pantry with pull out shelves. They are guaranteed for 25 years, but the strange thing is, is all the boxes had "made in Italy" on them. I had contractors install. I also got my countertops (grey) from them and my island, but put a wild looking granite with ivory, black, grey and orange to go on top of that. It was left over granite from a big job and I paid $400.00 for it. I love them.

Valued Contributor

I love my IKEA kitchen. I got white cabinets and love them. Instead of bottom cabinets I got deep drawers. As we age I find them easier to get things out, rather than sitting on the floor to reach into the back of cabinets. I would definately do it again with IKEA. We ordered our backsplash and countertops elsewhere.

Frequent Contributor
Posh pairs, your kitchen sounds beautiful. Very affordable. I was also thinking of a medium brown. Why do you now wish you had gotten white? I was thinking that white would be so hard to keep clean.
Honored Contributor
I'd give anything to have an Ikea in the area. I'd sign up for those cabinets in a heartbeat.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment