Frequent Contributor
Now that we're in the cold and flu season, I've been using bleach diluted with water to clean my bathrooms. Especially with company during the holidays, I'd use bleach before and after a visit, just to make sure to get rid of germs. I use it on toilets, sinks and tubs, not granite. Is anyone else using bleach for cleaning? I'd love to hear any tips you might have!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you clean with bleach?

I use bleach mixed with water, absolutely. I even mop the floor with it. I also use other cleaning products at times that have a more pleasant aroma.....

Honored Contributor

The only thing I currently use it for is a diluted bleach solution that I mist into the dishwasher between runnings. I think that with wet cat food, if we don't have enough to run the dishwasher daily, it starts to stink quickly. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Bleach is not really great in houses for those with allergies/asthma, but it has its place.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has asthma, so I did a quick check - this website says to use dilute bleach.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/trigger-avoidance-in-asthma-beyond-the-basics

She is allergic to dust mites.

Respected Contributor

I only use liquid bleach in nasty laundry. I use the Clorox Ultimate because it is milder than regular bleach.

I use a Spray cleanser with bleach (can't remember name) to clean my sinks and counters.

I get a rag wet with rubbing alcohol and go over my phone, computer, mouse, remote controls, toilet handles, and door knobs. It disinfects and dries really fast.

Use spray Lysol whenever needed.

I don't disinfect my floors.

Honored Contributor

I use Clorox wipes on a lot of things. I go over light switches and door knobs regularly with them. I use bleach in the toilets and soft scrub with bleach too. I use bleach in my laundry occasionally. We aren't sick that much so I don't feel the need to overuse it
Honored Contributor

I don't clean with bleach. I may use it a couple times a year in the washer. I use Clorox wipes to tidy up the kitchen or bathroom. I am compulsive about using them on door handles, switches, knobs, etc.
Super Contributor

I put some bleach in my toilet bowls....I put some in my dishwater when I wash dishes by hand. Wash the floor with that dish water after washing dishes. I put some bleach in certain loads of laundry.
Valued Contributor

Warning, whatever you do, don't get bleach mixed with vinegar. I accidentally did this last week, and it creates a caustic chlorine gas. Make sure you properly dilute you beach.

Super Contributor

I love bleach. I spray it into my sink after washing dishes, in the shower, toilet and sink. Everything is bleach clean {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}