Honored Contributor

Is it rude to remove one's shoes when entering another's home?

I do not want a person walking around barefoot in my home; I want them to keep their shoes on. I don't want to see their feet or smell them. So, if someone entering my home begins to remove their shoes, not that anyone does, I'd say no need to remove your shoes and hope they would keep them on.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it rude to remove one's shoes when entering another's home?

Very funny

Honored Contributor

Maybe just spray them down with Lysol.

Honored Contributor

If naked feet are so wanted why do businesses have those, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service, signs?

Super Contributor

Occasional Contributor

I was raised to remove my shoes, it is traditional in Japan. We generally have clean, well-kept feet. You may concerned about smelly feet, but it is considered polite to remove shoes to avoid tracking in dirt,etc into your home. Ymmv I don't ask people to remove shoes in my home, but I am appreciative when they offer.
Esteemed Contributor

Do we really need a whole new thread about this when there's already a very active & current thread on the same topic?

Trusted Contributor

On 12/27/2014 NYC Susan said:

Do we really need a whole new thread about this when there's already a very active & current thread on the same topic?

This thread was obviously a spoof on the other one. At least, that's my take on it.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Divine said:

This thread was obviously a spoof on the other one. At least, that's my take on it.

Really? I didn't see it that way.

Some of the replies are cute, but the OP sounds pretty serious. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it seemed to me.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Divine said:

Really? I didn't see it that way.

Some of the replies are cute, but the OP sounds pretty serious. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it seemed to me.

I thought there was a little bit of sarcasm implied. I could very well be mistaken, though.

Member Since 11/20/2008